• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    so i made my 50 posts and got access to pm's and classified posts so i inquired about a classified. I then got 2 pm's saying that i violated the classifieds and that i need to read the rules (which i did when i joined) and before i could ask what i did wrong, i was no longer able to respond to the pm's and my 53 posts dropped to 41. can any mods or the mod that gave me the violation also give me some clarification farther than an incredibly cryptic "read the rules"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The fact that you made 50 in such a short time was begging for every post to be looked at critically. I saw a few that were definitely one liners.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that you made 50 in such a short time was begging for every post to be looked at critically. I saw a few that were definitely one liners.
    i asked good questions that would spark quality conversation, i didnt realize that "quality" was referring to quantity of text per post, feel like that should be clarified, i literally already got a phone number of a member and planned on going shooting once i get my new rifle, how is that NOT quality?

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    and if youre not allowed to post too much (because engagement is bad if its done too quickly for some reason) then that shuold be laid out in the rules as well

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    i asked good questions that would spark quality conversation, i didnt realize that "quality" was referring to quantity of text per post, feel like that should be clarified, i literally already got a phone number of a member and planned on going shooting once i get my new rifle, how is that NOT quality?
    I'm not a mod, but I've been around a while. Some of your posts that haven't been deleted are still borderline, so they went easy on you.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    and if youre not allowed to post too much (because engagement is bad if its done too quickly for some reason) then that shuold be laid out in the rules as well
    Slow your roll. You're doing fine, just add a little more content and you're good to go. Getting fiesty will get you in trouble.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wasn't saying you were fighting, but I've seen plenty of people get themselves booted for getting a little heated. Just giving friendly advice...

You're only 3 away from the magic of the classifieds.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello @jjohnson878 and welcome to INGO. I'm KellyinAvon, staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, etc.

Yes we do have rules here at INGO, and most deal with the classifieds. The classifieds are the most heavily moderated area, we are monitored by certain 3-letter agencies, so the classifieds get the mod scrutiny.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. Unlike most places on the Interwebz, many of us here know each other in the realz. The vetting process of getting to know someone and then buying/selling/trading with them can't be understated.

"Quality post" That is an incredibly subjective term and we (the 5 staff members here at INGO) each have a slightly different view on what is and what isn't "quality". We're volunteers and we don't have a rubric.

In my sig line you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." It's there for reason.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hello @jjohnson878 and welcome to INGO. I'm KellyinAvon, staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, etc.

Yes we do have rules here at INGO, and most deal with the classifieds. The classifieds are the most heavily moderated area, we are monitored by certain 3-letter agencies, so the classifieds get the mod scrutiny.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. Unlike most places on the Interwebz, many of us here know each other in the realz. The vetting process of getting to know someone and then buying/selling/trading with them can't be understated.

"Quality post" That is an incredibly subjective term and we (the 5 staff members here at INGO) each have a slightly different view on what is and what isn't "quality". We're volunteers and we don't have a rubric.

In my sig line you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." It's there for reason.
    I'm so disappointed in you right now. I even set it up for you!!!

Top Bottom