• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I would like to thank the Sun, and the Moon for publicly putting to rest, in a grand and dramatic fashion, the absurd idea that mankind controls, or can even affect, the climate of the earth.
    During today's eclipse the average temperature drop, in the "zone of totality" was nearly 10°F, after being deprived of direct sunlight for only four minutes.
    Why didn't the climatards' freon/ozone/florocarbon/heat dome retain all the energy?
    This proves that the Sun is the overwhelming component driving temperatures on Earth, and any averaged change is due to a variation in the Sun's output, or at least the amount of it's energy reaching our planet (which always modulates in cycles).
    The commies can take their "green" regulations and shove them into that deep, dark hole that @BigRed has in his heart for lefties. **** 'em.

And as far as an electricity shortfall, they would do well to remember that....
    The sun don't always shine
    The wind don't always blow
    But coal always burns
    And water always boils.

Well, at least I feel better now.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ever wonder how much wealth you've had to forfeit because of the climate hoax? From replacing otherwise functional AC units because the refrigerant was thought to be burning up the ozone to compact fluorescent bulbs that cost multiple times as much as incandescent ones and don't last nearly as long as promised to fuel costs because "fossil" fuels are killing the planet...generations now have been indoctrinated into this lie and it's cost us untold fortunes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ever wonder how much wealth you've had to forfeit because of the climate hoax? From replacing otherwise functional AC units because the refrigerant was thought to be burning up the ozone to compact fluorescent bulbs that cost multiple times as much as incandescent ones and don't last nearly as long as promised to fuel costs because "fossil" fuels are killing the planet...generations now have been indoctrinated into this lie and it's cost us untold fortunes.
    CFLs sucked. I like the LEDs though. I don't remember the last time I replaced a bulb.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    CFLs sucked. I like the LEDs though. I don't remember the last time I replaced a bulb.
    We've replaced a few--not many, for sure. Then again, we still have a few CFLs running and incandescents.

Good ideas don't have to be forced. If people realized that LEDs were really a better choice, they would have adopted them without government's ham-fisted mandates.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The only thing I do not like about LEDs is most fixtures are now trash if one fails. Go to any home improvement store and buy a new ceiling light, and you will quickly see what I mean. The lights are built in and non replaceable.
    I do like being able to change the color of the light though.

I have had plenty fail, mostly ones in outdoor lighting fixtures. They tend to not do well in outdoor temperatures(cold more than heat), and I am unsure of why.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The only thing I do not like about LEDs is most fixtures are now trash if one fails. Go to any home improvement store and buy a new ceiling light, and you will quickly see what I mean. The lights are built in and non replaceable.
    I do like being able to change the color of the light though.

I have had plenty fail, mostly ones in outdoor lighting fixtures. They tend to not do well in outdoor temperatures(cold more than heat), and I am unsure of why.
    I have LED fixtures, and that would be problem, but I haven't had a whole fixture go bad yet.

I was referring to the LED bulbs that go into old fixtures though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We've replaced a few--not many, for sure. Then again, we still have a few CFLs running and incandescents.

Good ideas don't have to be forced. If people realized that LEDs were really a better choice, they would have adopted them without government's ham-fisted mandates
    Think of the LEDs as mini-Teslas. They were always going to be expensive, but they would have been vastly more expensive if millions weren't forced to adopt them - likely the cost would have prevented their widespread adoption at all

Same thing with EVs, if they had to rely on consumer driven sales to keep the manufacturers afloat the would be a footnote to history or limited to a top luxury brand (because they do have some wicked purely performance advantages that might be competitive against other high end sports cars - though the vastly higher weights would be a disadvantage in braking and cornering and might make them uncompetitive even there)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Think of the LEDs as mini-Teslas. They were always going to be expensive, but they would have been vastly more expensive if millions weren't forced to adopt them - likely the cost would have prevented their widespread adoption at all
    Government fixing a problem they created.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Same thing with EVs, if they had to rely on consumer driven sales to keep the manufacturers afloat the would be a footnote to history or limited to a top luxury brand (because they do have some wicked purely performance advantages that might be competitive against other high end sports cars - though the vastly higher weights would be a disadvantage in braking and cornering and might make them uncompetitive even there)
    I keep hearing about how heavy EVs are in comparison to ICE cars. Look at the Durango Hellcat compared to my EV6 GT. Costs more, weighs more, slower, brakes longer, turns worse. The EV6 is a bit smaller.
    1712770898505.png

1712771036563.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I keep hearing about how heavy EVs are in comparison to ICE cars. Look at the Durango Hellcat compared to my EV6 GT. Costs more, weighs more, slower, brakes longer, turns worse. The EV6 is a bit smaller.
    View attachment 345937

View attachment 345939
    For likely the same or less money than the Hellcat (since it is a 2021). Why did you elect to use an unsophisticated truck with a big engine stuffed in it for comparison?

StevioQuad.png

The real tell would be to take the two vehicles to the track, especially since EVs don't do so well given the demands of hot-lapping which are just another day for ICE

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For likely the same or less money than the Hellcat (since it is a 2021). Why did you elect to use an unsophisticated truck with a big engine stuffed in it for comparison?

View attachment 346003

The real tell would be to take the two vehicles to the track, especially since EVs don't do so well given the demands of hot-lapping which are just another day for ICE
    Because off the top of my head it is the closest performance wise to the EV I have. There are not a lot of SUVs/Crossovers that have that kind of performance from an ICE engine.

Track performance varies by EV. They aren't all Mach-Es.

Top Bottom