• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The whole 'part of the problem' schtick is indicative of some serious underwear torsion, my friend

Daddyus maximus expressed an opinion, as did you - and that should be fine. It is when you go all judgmental about his opinion that the wheels and the rails part company. Remember, everyone has one and they pretty much all stink

The goal is to not be like your typical vegan

EXACTLY!!! Same judgement going on around here is also being used towards Clint Eastwood's character. I understand people not wanting to support a celebrity who doesn't share the same values as their fans but I find it concerning that someone can judge one's character simply by their support of a candidate, regardless of their past history.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a crap statement, and you know it.

I (and others) simply have an opinion too. My opinion of him changed. I no longer think of him as a decent man. Oh, sure he's still a good actor, and director, but being as I know more about his character, I'll probably choose not to see any more movies he directs. (if he ever does another) I'm simply stating my opinion of the man.

This is a big reason why so many conservatives don't like to voice opinions. They get slammed by leftists... who can't shut up about their opinions.

We can have dissenting opinions, but we don't go ballistic like the lefties do...

If I (we) were part of the problem, I'd do what the left does... I'd go to a restaurant where he was peacefully eating a meal, and proceed to yell, and scream at him for trying to destroy the county by backing such a fool...

I'd probably call him names, throw things at him...

I'd take his hat right off his head, and try to keep it or tear it up...

I'd go to organizers, and protest if he tried to have a public speaking engagement...

No, he simply ran his mouth once too often, and I discovered he was an idiot with stupid political views, so I'm not gonna support him anymore.

Now, it won't hurt him, he's old, and he's been rich for decades, but it's just disappointing when someone you thought was OK turns out to be an idiot, so, not being a violent, intolerant leftie, it's all I can do.

Unless I want to be a part of the problem... but that's what I would do... if I were a leftist.

Then again, the guy's an actor. For all we know it's a paid endorsement....
    Gloomy Bloomy has been throwing the greenbacks around.

You no longer think of Clint as a “decent man,” because he endorsed Bloomberg? Being a “decent man,” goes well beyond their political endorsements. Alas, this is where we are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    EXACTLY!!! Same judgement going on around here is also being used towards Clint Eastwood's character. I understand people not wanting to support a celebrity who doesn't share the same values as their fans but I find it concerning that someone can judge one's character simply by their support of a candidate, regardless of their past history.

Pretty much this... and all of it

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You ever read the first page of a new thread, see how calm it is, then click the "Last" link and be shocked at how quickly things have ramped up?

Yeah. That happens a lot.

Edit: My unwanted opinion - If politics consumes so much of your life that something as simple as an endorsement can cause you to loathe someone so much... consider them "dead to you"... maybe back away from it a bit and try finding enjoyment in something else. No need to feed into the hate and anger. Just shrug and move on, maybe? Least that's how I've been trying to handle this stuff lately.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You ever read the first page of a new thread, see how calm it is, then click the "Last" link and be shocked at how quickly things have ramped up?

Yeah. That happens a lot.

Edit: My unwanted opinion - If politics consumes so much of your life that something as simple as an endorsement can cause you to loathe someone so much... consider them "dead to you"... maybe back away from it a bit and try finding enjoyment in something else. No need to feed into the hate and anger. Just shrug and move on, maybe? Least that's how I've been trying to handle this stuff lately.

Well stated and so true.
    This hate is breeding in in itself or so it seems.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Somewhere just a few days ago I read a statement on some social media that was posted by Clint Eastwood. He said this was total fake news and he is not happy about it. Also said he was a Trump supporter all the way. So why are you making hasty judgments based on a total bullshyt fake new story ?

You know, this will be assumed to be fake news unless you provide a source.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    USA Today said:
    Eastwood, 89, said in a Wall Street Journal interview published Friday that he approves of “certain things that Trump’s done,” but wishes the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level."

“The politics has gotten so ornery,” Eastwood added.

The actor and director did not explicitly announce a presidential endorsement, but said he thought “the best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...t-michael-bloomberg-2020-election/4850106002/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just did some searching and cannot find where I read that so I am going to delete my post. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, people regularly post things they've seen that haven't been sourced. It happens frequently. Not a big issue.

Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    Don't be sorry, people regularly post things they've seen that haven't been sourced. It happens frequently. Not a big issue.

Thanks. I just find it unbelievable that anyone with the least little bit of conservative values would think that Bloomberg would be a better POTUS than Trump. And, what I read sounded a whole lot more believable than the big news story. Truth is though, I have no evidence to verify the truth either way.

Top Bottom