• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Listen to Clint boys and girls. I really loved the part about "when he kicks in your bedroom door - he'll find out you have a gun.."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ABSOLUTELY!

The only reason I leave my bedroom/secure space is to get to my family. (or possibly to get to the phone if it isnt in the room with me to call for professional help)

I have no business clearing my house when there are better equipped and trained professionals to do the job. Sure they are up to 30 mins away. I can hold down the fort for that long behind a locked door.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This is why I have Claymores placed around my house. Why waste precious beauty sleep by clearing rooms just because some jerk broke in the house?

But yeah, staying put is sound advice.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I disagree in part. Yes, if you hear glass breaking and a half dozen voices, definitely stay put and wait for the PD. However, most of the time I clear my house, it's because I heard a bump in the night, or I return home and a light is on and I can't remember if I left it on or not.

If I called the police every time I heard a noise, I would quickly become known as the village paranoid. If it's definitely a break-in, wait in place. But there are plenty of times clearing your house is a good idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why I have Claymores placed around my house. Why waste precious beauty sleep by clearing rooms just because some jerk broke in the house?

But yeah, staying put is sound advice.

I was ducking down when I drove by your place the other day....the claymores scare me.....:nailbite:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I disagree in part. Yes, if you hear glass breaking and a half dozen voices, definitely stay put and wait for the PD. However, most of the time I clear my house, it's because I heard a bump in the night, or I return home and a light is on and I can't remember if I left it on or not.

If I called the police every time I heard a noise, I would quickly become known as the village paranoid. If it's definitely a break-in, wait in place. But there are plenty of times clearing your house is a good idea.

We have a system depending on the situation.
    Living in the city requires a system. Put one together and adhere to it.

Yes, I investigate the bumps in the night.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I agree with the general message.

I'm not a delta swat operator, but I have been trained by the state of IN as well as the Army on the basics of room clearing and building assault, etc.

I know enough to know clearing a structure alone is stupid. You need at the least a 2 man team who are both trained and have practiced together before... even then 3 or 4 man team would be better.

Personally, I'm in an odd position with my home. Its an old structure with multiple additions over the years from multiple owners. As a result, the floor plan is funky. After mapping out my home, I feel there is really only one viable vector to be firing a weapon (and possibly receiving fire) that clears the living and sleeping areas, and offers reasonable assurance to my neighbors...

This lane is most definitely not inside my bedroom. It requires me to move 10 or 15 feet from my bedside , through a small adjoining guest room, to a concealed fighting position in the den, which affords me a view of most of the house, and all of the doors into the sleeping areas.

The only practical and responsible course of action for me is to move to a stronger position

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That video has good advice. Fighting from room to room eats troops. However, I'm stuck having to if something happens in the next year before my youngest goes off to college, her bedroom is upstairs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have kids downstairs that I have to get to. We are in the process of moving them upstairs, but until then, I have to get them out of whatever harm they might face.

Edit: Thst probably sounded like I was disagreeing with him. He's dead on, it's just that I fall into that second category he referenced.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Clint Smith is smart, wise, skilled, and experienced. He gives good advice and he's spot-on about this issue.

I hope to train with him some day soon.

Top Bottom