• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I always heard you are supposed to rack the slide until your shotgun is empty.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I don't know how everyone feels about First Person Defender, but here is a link to a situation where a man hunkered down in his office while two gunmen shot the place up. He ended up dying in this situation since he placed himself in a position where he was unable to move. Then they replayed the situation and instead of just hunkering down, he went on the offense and survived the situation. So, I'm kind of torn over which tactic to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzagUGGBJa4

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Of course, but you're supposed to press the trigger before you rack the slide each time.

Or the shooter could shoot the first round and the it goes "cycle, cycle Bang. Cycle, cycle BANG. Had a guy that liked to (unintentionally) short stroke the pump on our 870's. As hard as we tried he always did it so we gave him the Benelli LOL. We don't use shotguns much but for certification but still. Funny, you just had to be thete

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    Tried to post a neat vid from Vantac Int'l's FB page. Can't get a direct link so... this is the best link I have.
    https://www.facebook.com/VantacInternational/videos
    It's a youngster and dad 'clearing' a house. Kid's starting out good!

Just a caveat: not advocating clearing a pvt. residence solo as a homeowner. All situations are different, most families aren't trained in team tactics, we may have to go to another room to get kids/infirm fam members and hunkering down w/ dispatch on the phone isn't an option... just a light and cool vid to share related to topic.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom