• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I will likely put in for field grade. I'd like it to be functional upon delivery.

Does going for the highest grade ensure you could have a shot at grades below it if those go first?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the requirement to be affiliated with a CMP affiliated club. I've shot at the Bedford Contingent which is listed, but they don't really have a membership per se.

This is my first rodeo so I'm not sure about all the details either. It looks like grade will be more dependent on having a lower number, or a bunch of folks going for an auction-grade. Without knowing the numbers (XX% Rack, XX% Field, etc.) or how many of "us" there are we really won't know. If there are no Service grade available when my number comes up? I may go for a Field grade.

Having a Blue-ID Mafia made-member card (USAF Retired) and being an American Legion member checks almost all the boxes for me. It looks like find something that checks a box and make a copy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The pics of the service and field grade 1911's are how I remember the 1911s I've handled from DRMO. Grey parked mixmasters.

DRMO! One of the all-time great acronyms. When I got to my first base they hadn't changed the letters on the building yet, it was DPDO before DRMO. I wouldn't want to say I worked at Dip-Doe either.

In Iceland there was a weekly cash sale, it was like a social event. When we were closing the Rockville Radar Site lamps were selling for $5 and we still flooded the market. Up until maybe 5 years ago we had dressers from DRMO ($15, they were NIB, found in a sea-van).

This has been a threadjack :hijack:. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum already in progress.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The pictures make the pistols look better than I recall.
    It appears most were sent though the depot before being packed away.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont even know what I need to do to buy one of the auction ones. I'd like an original condition one. I'll probably just wait till the prices of all 1911's on the market goes down because of this and pick one up elsewhere. Seems like a huge hassle to buy one of these

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I dont even know what I need to do to buy one of the auction ones. I'd like an original condition one. I'll probably just wait till the prices of all 1911's on the market goes down because of this and pick one up elsewhere. Seems like a huge hassle to buy one of these

Applying economic principles and looking at your time as a valuable resource? Probably a better approach than I'm taking ;)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I put my stuff in the mail yesterday. Saturday I stopped by Fort Liberty to do the FFL stuff. So Doug and I were talking about how many orders would be going and the random number generator thing and he says. "You're number 8." So I say that it would be really cool to get number 8. He then said that I was the 8th one of the CMP 1911 FFL things he had done.

Sometimes it's the thrill of the chase.

Top Bottom