• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Of course not, but that's doesn't mean that the situation now is worthy of protest. I can only go by my own personal experiences, and what I see. I've stopped for nothing, followed in stores, had a dog walked through (not around through) my parents car without consent, been straight up called a checkbox, had our PD cleaners decline to wash my clothes because he didn't believe I was an officer, asked countless times if I was selling drugs, had my own PD called in on me as I walked through my neighborhood, had a woman say verbatim "take your hands off me ******, I'm a white woman," asked "can you afford this" in a store and a litany of other things that make me go WTF? I'm a college educated, gainfully employed, multi-lingual, law-abiding (and enforcing), never used a drug, clean cut, articulate, well read, own car/own home having, Southern (yes sir/yes ma'am), please and thank you black guy. And from my friends that are of a similar description, my complaints aren't uncommon.

Nah....Never happens.... I loved "Funny Vibe" by Living Colour....I remember when this song came out white folk around the country said "I don't do that and never would" and I remember thinking, "Hell these fellas didn't pull these lyrics out of their behinds.." A good song and you should be old enough to remember it....We had two black guys at my school and I was buddies with both of them...I remember me and Terry would go fishing a bit and the looks he and I would get when we would go into a rural bait shop was kind of uncomfortable....I swear I almost expected a couple of older guys to pull me aside and explain to me "the rules"....And that was in the late 1970's, early '80's....

Dad's old rabbit hunting buddy he worked with had an old family farm down in rural Kentucky. Starting about November Dad and his two cousins, along with Joe and his two nephews (there was about 6-8 of them that would go and the hunting party was usually 50/50 race split....) would road trip down and hunt the weekend... He said they often got funny looks, so much so they finally just started getting their BBQ to go and eating back at the little motel they stayed at...

The beagles were color blind...At the end of the day they'd hop in bed with a member of either race...:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2Kg****fI

Every Thanksgiving KET plays this documentary....It's kind of become a tradition for us...Dad says the big guy reminds him of Joe...If you ever get a chance to watch this it's one of the best little films, on men, dogs, and friendship I have ever seen...

[video=youtube;bglofxs0MvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bglofxs0MvQ[/video]

The book is good as well...The son in law is a writer for the Washington Post and the book is one of the few books that George W. Bush ever wrote an endorsement for....The writer covered George Bush Senior and remains a family friend...

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course not, but that's doesn't mean that the situation now is worthy of protest. I can only go by my own personal experiences, and what I see. I've stopped for nothing, followed in stores, had a dog walked through (not around through) my parents car without consent, been straight up called a checkbox, had our PD cleaners decline to wash my clothes because he didn't believe I was an officer, asked countless times if I was selling drugs, had my own PD called in on me as I walked through my neighborhood, had a woman say verbatim "take your hands off me ******, I'm a white woman," asked "can you afford this" in a store and a litany of other things that make me go WTF? I'm a college educated, gainfully employed, multi-lingual, law-abiding (and enforcing), never used a drug, clean cut, articulate, well read, own car/own home having, Southern (yes sir/yes ma'am), please and thank you black guy. And from my friends that are of a similar description, my complaints aren't uncommon.
    I had a complaint one time from an IUPUI professor, because I ticketed him for a U-turn, and gave him a field adjustment after he jumped out of his car and ran into a store (keeping in mind my lights were on). He wrote a letter saying how obviously I wasn't from Hamilton County, and probably from some urban environment because of the way I spoke to a person who doesn't meet the criminal profile. I got another complaint because I gave another guy a ticket, some doctor, and he said "do you know what I've done for your people?" Like a smart ass, I asked "which people, cops?" His complaint referred to me as "the black officer" over and over, nevermind the fact, that my name is on the damn ticket. W-T-F?
    So my experiences, given who I am, I do have to wonder. How are black people who aren't so well off, or articulate, fare? It may be better, but there are still LOTS of people that treat you a certain way simply because of the way you look. Am I bothered by it? No, I got over it as a kid, mainly because I looked at what my parents and grandparents had to go through, and thought "they hacked, so can I," but that doesn't mean I wander the world oblivious. I'm am quite aware of my personal challenges created simply because of the way I look.
    One day, I'll tell you a story that takes the cake, but I really can discuss that here.... and it's not the time a SWAT team in Ozark, AL conducted a takedown of my family because they thought they were running drugs (also a true story. I was away at college)
    I absolutely believe you Kut. And I'm sorry it has been that way (and continues to be that way). I don't question the fact that there is still injustice and that there are real ****birds out there (of all races). I only question the methods that are being employed to attempt to right those wrongs. I would much prefer Dr. King's way, and I think it would go a long way toward making things better.

I'd love to sit and swap stories some time. I know that my own personal world view changed once I got to know people that weren't "like me" on a personal level. And I'm not just talking about the color of our skin. Just life experiences... how we each became who we are and how we came to hold the beliefs we hold. Pity there's not more of that going on today.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I absolutely believe you Kut. And I'm sorry it has been that way (and continues to be that way). I don't question the fact that there is still injustice and that there are real ****birds out there (of all races). I only question the methods that are being employed to attempt to right those wrongs. I would much prefer Dr. King's way, and I think it would go a long way toward making things better.

I'd love to sit and swap stories some time. I know that my own personal world view changed once I got to know people that weren't "like me" on a personal level. And I'm not just talking about the color of our skin. Just life experiences... how we each became who we are and how we came to hold the beliefs we hold. Pity there's not more of that going on today.

That's what this thread is about. Colin Kaepernick, has illustrated another way to protest, and what has he met with, derision and ridicule. He's got the exact same response as the idiots tearing up crap in Charlotte. What's the incentive to be non-violent if nobody acknowledges the issues at hand? When people think that all avenues available to them, are exhausted, and that no one is listening they will resort, without fail, to violence.

Hey, I'm sure I'd enjoy swapping stories. A friend from HS lives on the southside, and I've been meaning to get down there to see him and catch up. Maybe at some point we can swap stories, and I can school you on the best beers. I would say get a cheeseburger, but I don't want to infringe on CM's patented method. Maybe burritos? Lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's what this thread is about. Colin Kaepernick, has illustrated another way to protest, and what has he met with, derision and ridicule. He's got the exact same response as the idiots tearing up crap in Charlotte. What's the incentive to be non-violent if nobody acknowledges the issues at hand? When people think that all avenues available to them, are exhausted, and that no one is listening they will resort, without fail, to violence.

Hey, I'm sure I'd enjoy swapping stories. A friend from HS lives on the southside, and I've been meaning to get down there to see him and catch up. Maybe at some point we can swap stories, and I can school you on the best beers. I would say get a cheeseburger, but I don't want to infringe on CM's patented method. Maybe burritos? Lol

Burritos are good too! :): I'll stick with soda pop though. I've been a teatotaler for almost 5 years now. I always did appreciate a good beer though. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

How about you both come down to the extreme almost Kentucky southside...BBI makes it down about once a month, Indy1919 and doggydaddy usually make it down about every other month....No beers but Dr. Pepper's and Pepsi's...I got BBI hooked on Indy's chicken wings (google it...Awesome chicken and fish)...One of us can make a run and the shop will buy the wings...I'll just sit like a king while the BS flies around me....

My wife says I have gotten very good at pontificating on things.....I'll pontificate.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How about you both come down to the extreme almost Kentucky southside...BBI makes it down about once a month, Indy1919 and doggydaddy usually make it down about every other month....No beers but Dr. Pepper's and Pepsi's...I got BBI hooked on Indy's chicken wings (google it...Awesome chicken and fish)...One of us can make a run and the shop will buy the wings...I'll just sit like a king while the BS flies around me....

My wife says I have gotten very good at pontificating on things.....I'll pontificate.....

That was my suggestion too. I'm game! Been too long...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Freedom for some!

At least we don't have to speculate as to what speech is and "exercise of a right" and which isn't. I appreciate the boundaries being staked out so clearly.

I'm missing the connection between the two private enterprises, other than they are both professional sports.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does this mean Kaepernick has to stand on tip toes for the next national anthem?

New Information Released In Keith Lamont Scott Shooting | The Daily Caller

Couple of questions:

How did they know he was rolling a marijuana cigarette?
    Why would a burglar dime himself out and say he sold the gun to Scott (not that it makes any difference)?
    It's important to note that while Scott did not raise his weapon, after repeated orders to drop it, he was justifiably shot. However, why do things sometimes play out differently....
    For Instance:

[video=youtube;W_FkzbTf-KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FkzbTf-KM[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So your contention is that there would have been a difference in the teams reaction if both were MLB or both were NFL? Really?

MLB had a player suspended for tweeting on the bench. MLB is the stricter league. Remember when Riley Cooper, of the Eagles, made some unflattering comments while at a concert? The league didn't take action then either.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Forbes Welcome

“The National Anthem has been performed before all Major League games since 1942, during World War II,” Courtney said. “While this is not a league rule, it remains an important tradition that has great meaning for our fans.”

As to the players, the MLBPA declined to comment.

But even without comment from the union, the league’s position is clear: the players have the right to protest, but for baseball, the national anthem is an important tradition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder if MLB still remembers what happened after the strike? Fans can stay away if motivated enough.

Why would they stay away. It should clarified that the Mariners made the decision to suspend Clevenger, not MLB. Outside Seattle supporters (who I image are quite liberal anyways) fans don't have an incentive not to support their respective teams.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oooooooooof course you are.

No seriously, are you saying that league and individual teams abide by the same standards? And that a team can only suspend a player with the league's approval?

Kut (thinks... actually knows... that's incorrect)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Put plainly, I am saying that criticizing the President and BLM and rioters, even with harsh language is swiftly punished and I highly doubt that equally harsh language used by BLM supporters or protesters in any league would be punished at all. In fact, we would hear all about rights and expression and how American it is to not quell dissent...which I agree with.

However dissent is quelled quite readily if it's not the right dissent.

Yes, I understand private organizations can have their own views and use those views to make decisions about their businesses...wait...I'm about to swerve into another issue. Well, not really another issue.

I would have thought that white privileges would have protected Clevenger.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom