• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    i kinda wish for more details, i mean c'mon shes a pretty girl in a drunken stupor , unless she is violently attacking you , call the police let them deal with it , i understand a stranger in your house problem , but know your target, ...............on side a side note , probably would have gotten someone better in the video to speak on her behalf , other than the pony-tail tank top guy

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    ...Colorados law is called "Make my day"? Yeah, that sends a good light on the aspect don't it? :n00b:

Regardless, stupid should hurt. I don't care how good looking she is, or how innocent. She made the choice to get drunk, and then made the choice to enter a place where she was repeatedly warned to not enter.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Agreed. I don't care that she's "good-looking". Repeated refusal to leave the house = justification for the home owner. Would I have done something differently? Probably. Will I second guess the property owners for defending themselves against a intruder that refuses to leave the premises after repeated requests to vacate? Nope.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    And for wandering into a million dollar home that's not yours in a drunken stupor, the winner of today's stupid prize goes to... Eileen! Tell us what she's won Johnny.

Eileen gets a hunk of lead through the pelvic girdle... and a limp for life!!

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    Hearing one sie of the story, if she was told repeatadly to get out and didn't, what would the homeowners think? She is out of her mind and may be there to do harm. A permanant limp may be enough punishment but I think she should have to face charges also.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This situation is a ripe field for the Monday morning quarterback. It is easy to see the pictures taken in good light and immediately be prejudiced by the likelihood that some would not object in the least to having her come wandering into their bedrooms. The problems are that we are dealing (presumably, since this wasn't covered) with less than adequate lighting and an unknown person who isn't responding to communication inside the boundaries of the home of a couple who at this point rightly fear for their safety and well-being. Personally, I would let her off the hook with having been shot and being billed for the cleanup (I am sure the blood didn't do the carpet any favors. Homeowners may have loaded their shorts as well.). Nevertheless, she stands as the poster child for 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes'.

That said, I am happy to participate in this discussion with right-thinking people rather than pinheads who would do a repetition of the cherubic 12 year old Trayvon dog and pony show.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As someone who is on the tail end of his college experience I can sadly bear witness to the college culture sort of waving all sense of responsibility for your actions when you are drunk or under the influence of any type of chemical.

I don't at all agree with this, I'm just saying it's the common outlook on situations like this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As someone who is on the tail end of his college experience I can sadly bear witness to the college culture sort of waving all sense of responsibility for your actions when you are drunk or under the influence of any type of chemical.

I don't at all agree with this, I'm just saying it's the common outlook on situations like this.

At least you have sense enough to know better even if many around you do not. I can remember what it was like being the exception rather than the rule in that environment, and I am sure that it hasn't improved any since then.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    At least you have sense enough to know better even if many around you do not. I can remember what it was like being the exception rather than the rule in that environment, and I am sure that it hasn't improved any since then.

I try to have more sense than most of my peers. I've made my fair share of mistakes, but it always seems like I ended up paying for them though, one way or another.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I try to have more sense than most of my peers. I've made my fair share of mistakes, but it always seems like I ended up paying for them though, one way or another.

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I will show you someone who never does anything.

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    If a drunk driver ran his vehicle through your house and bashed his head on his windshield and he had a head ache for life, would that be punishment enough? She did break the law no matter how you look at it.
    If someone wondered into my house while I was in bed, I don't think I would be trying to evaluate what they look like, I would protect my family. I know I would feel bad afterwards knowing that they were just impaired and didn't know where they were.

steve479

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    fort wayne
    Everybody is talking about the girl but the home owners will have to live with this to. How well do you think they will sleep at night always thinking somebody may be in the house.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If a drunk driver ran his vehicle through your house and bashed his head on his windshield and he had a head ache for life, would that be punishment enough? She did break the law no matter how you look at it.
    If someone wondered into my house while I was in bed, I don't think I would be trying to evaluate what they look like, I would protect my family. I know I would feel bad afterwards knowing that they were just impaired and didn't know where they were.

Everybody is talking about the girl but the home owners will have to live with this to. How well do you think they will sleep at night always thinking somebody may be in the house.

At minimum, I am willing to bet that the homeowners will see to it that their doors are secured in the future, fact notwithstanding that this should not be necessary in one's own home. the experience had to have been disturbing but I have a difficult time with the notion that they are traumatized for life. As for the drunken diva, I am sure that being shot is not an experience she will likely forget. I will also add that I would consider that sufficient punishment considering the lack of criminal intent. Had she been a home invader invading for nefarious purposes (i.e., robbery or mayhem, as opposed to being inebriated to the point of simply having no idea where she was) I would be completely in favor of having her prosecuted with any charge that may stick. In the end, the principal offense was stupidity and not an attempt at a crime per se. I will stand by the notion of letting her off the hook with a bullet hole and restitution for the actual damage caused in the incident.

Top Bottom