• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Has anyone seen this 2009 movie, and if so, do YOU think it's worth watching? I can read netflix reviews all day, but I'd rather hear it from people who have at least similar views to myself in various areas.

70123600.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My GF and I watched it a few weeks ago. Very interesting and chilling at times. It's a one man show. This guy lays it out on the line and I think he is credible. Can't say that I agree with everything he says, but like they said in the X-files TV Shows,,,,,
    "The Truth Is Out There". It's up to us to research and learn from every source we can find in order to figure out just what that "Truth" is.

I recommend seeing it. It's worth your hour and half.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm watching this show on Planet Green, right now. I thought it was an interesting INGO topic, so I searched and found it. Hey, who would have thought the search feature worked? Anyway, it looks pretty interesting. Could be viewed during a pretty cool MSG movie night.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Might try Youtube. Its well worth watching. Only thing I dont agree with it,I dont beleive we have hit the peak in oil. But I have read the non energy crisis. Supposably
    We hit 2 of the biggest oil reserves in Prudoe that have never had any oil pumped from. Thats a story of its own. thats something to check out too.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Holy crap. I just watched it last night. Sheila was very skeptical at first, but it caught her attention and we were riveted for the rest of the movie.

It makes sense the way he describes things. You just have to hope he is wrong.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I found it intriguing, however I would have preferred more sources of information. With only one guy telling the story, I would like an expert on Peak Oil, an expert on the Economy.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just finished Collapse and it sure makes me think about the areas in my preparedness that needs attention.

Also, how will a collapse play out? How can I best prepare my kids to carry on and succeed in life no matter what life may be like in their future? If a collapse hits bottom in as little as 20 years I will be in my mid 60’s and my kids will be in their mid 20’s. (ya, I got a late start with having a family) I think about how much I learned between my mid 20’s and mid 40’s and I may not alive or able to teach them in 20 years. There is so much I need to teach them now. They may well be part of the first generation that has to adapt to such a harsh life.

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    Top Bottom