• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    On the other hand, what we will never know, maybe they prevented another "mass shooting". It is possible that there are 30 people alive today that might not have been hadn't they arrested this guy.

I understand what you are saying but I would caution you in adopting the language of the anti-gunners.

That is the same thing they say about all of us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Would a 3D printed auto sear work short term? That's where my money lies.

First, the so-called "drop in auto sear" is nothing like the name implies. You have to make almost as many machining changes and replacements with full-auto internal parts as you would have to do for a textbook conversion to full auto by the book. The usual suspects would have you believe that you can get this piece you just open up your AR, drop it in the space, and instant magic machine gun.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've tried writing this in a way that is appropriate for an online forum.

There is plenty of information available for RDIAS, online. The kid probably 3d printed one, which would explain why they don't know how to classify his mods to his firearm. They charged him with literally everything hoping it would stick.

I would love to see him NOT be crazy, and just a freedom loving individual-I have a feeling regardless he's going to be painted as such.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I agree with the guy that the laws are stupid as hell. I don't like them either. I have the know how to put one of these together. In fact, I did 28 years in the Army, and have had quite a bit of time using full auto, and burst on the M16/M4 platform. One of my biggest wishes is to be able to have that third position on the selector switch.

However, it's that fear of exactly what just happened to this poor dumb bastard that keeps me from doing it.

I can build a plain jane AR for $500, but if I want that FA, first I gotta find one, then jump through all kinds of hoops, then pay about $36,000, plus $200 for a "tax", then be subject to all kinds of restrictions... WTF over?

By the way... I'm betting there are a lot of illegal FA guns out there that haven't been found yet. In all honesty, I wish I had one, not just 'cause I want one, but to say F-you to the stupid law. Problem is, I'm too scared to get caught, so I don't...

Solution: I am picking up an Echo Trigger next week. Close as I'm ever gonna come..

My luck, those things will get outlawed soon...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "Allowed them to search his vehicle"
    What the ****!!!???
    Your dumb ass knows you made an illegal item and that it's In your vehicle, yet you allow them to search it? Lol
    I'm sure they were probably saying theyd get wArrants ect ect, but odds are that if his dumb ass would have kept his pie hole shut he'd still be a free man.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree with the guy that the laws are stupid as hell. I don't like them either. I have the know how to put one of these together. In fact, I did 28 years in the Army, and have had quite a bit of time using full auto, and burst on the M16/M4 platform. One of my biggest wishes is to be able to have that third position on the selector switch.

However, it's that fear of exactly what just happened to this poor dumb bastard that keeps me from doing it.

I can build a plain jane AR for $500, but if I want that FA, first I gotta find one, then jump through all kinds of hoops, then pay about $36,000, plus $200 for a "tax", then be subject to all kinds of restrictions... WTF over?

By the way... I'm betting there are a lot of illegal FA guns out there that haven't been found yet. In all honesty, I wish I had one, not just 'cause I want one, but to say F-you to the stupid law. Problem is, I'm too scared to get caught, so I don't...

Solution: I am picking up an Echo Trigger next week. Close as I'm ever gonna come..

My luck, those things will get outlawed soon...

Theres no sear pin hole so I'm betting he made a "lightning link" or similar device.

I agree it's not worth the risks.
    Best we can do if we dont agree with unjust laws is jury nullification if we ever get on one of these jury's.
    If I dont think a law is just, I'm certainly never going to vote to convict someone of violating it. And that IS your right and duty as a juror

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    "Allowed them to search his vehicle"
    What the ****!!!???
    Your dumb ass knows you made an illegal item and that it's In your vehicle, yet you allow them to search it? Lol
    I'm sure they were probably saying theyd get wArrants ect ect, but odds are that if his dumb ass would have kept his pie hole shut he'd still be a free man.

The article begins with the statement that the police began investigating him after receiving a tip that he possessed illegal drop-in auto-sears. He must have shown or told someone about his illegal items, someone that then turned him in. There appear to be several ways he could have remained a free man just by keeping his mouth shut. I suppose it is not unusual that someone that would flaunt the laws is also someone that would flaunt that they are flaunting the laws.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm guessing the article has been updated since most of you read it.

According to police, Chambers confessed to manufacturing three of the devices in December and testing one on the AR-15 earlier this month. He said he knew using the device was illegal, “but said he does not like laws,” according to the arrest affidavit.

"We believe he’s an enthusiast who put his interest in firearms above complying with the law," Metzger said.

And more trouble may be headed his way.
    Detectives are still investigating, UCF police said in the statement, adding that the U.S. Attorney’s Office has also been notified that federal laws may have been violated.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just wish the cops weren’t anti gun and knew what they were talking about

Good Job! You got your 50 post, now you can sell your Glock!
    66b.jpg

Top Bottom