• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I bought my first Colt AR around 1980, sold it in 1984, then bought another couple years later that was made in 1978, added a upper HBAR and always shoots good except for wolf ammo, we figure it hasn't worn enough and tight tolerance is the cause. Shoots good semi or belt loop. I always thought Colt made good quality AR's, at least back then.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My Colt 20" A4 runs like a sewing machine, and the attention to detail is spot on. To be honest, I can't find any fault with the rifle, especially not for the price. Going to be giving FN a try here soon, then I'll be able to make a better comparison.

Update, got the FN today.

Fit and finish looks nicer on the FN and came with a much nicer trigger. I wouldn't exactly say it's a better built gun than the colt, though. From going through all the parts, I'd be a little more confident saying the colt is built to military specifications than the FN is.

Also from my reading on the topic, they're only halting production for 60 days.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Update, got the FN today.

Fit and finish looks nicer on the FN and came with a much nicer trigger. I wouldn't exactly say it's a better built gun than the colt, though. From going through all the parts, I'd be a little more confident saying the colt is built to military specifications than the FN is.

Also from my reading on the topic, they're only halting production for 60 days.

FN is a fine weapon. However, FN has had the technical support package from ACC/PA for a very long time.

I drooled over that M16A4 myself. Think I am going with the Tactical Carbine next:

FN_15_TC_PLOK_Rotators_2-1800x750.png

And then one from Sionics. SOLGW, and their attitude, make me want to spend money with them too.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/02/26/fn-lands-army-m4-contract-underbids-colt-remington

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    FN is a fine weapon. However, FN has had the technical support package from ACC/PA for a very long time.

I drooled over that M16A4 myself. Think I am going with the Tactical Carbine next:

FN_15_TC_PLOK_Rotators_2-1800x750.png

And then one from Sionics. SOLGW, and their attitude, make me want to spend money with them too.

https://www.guns.com/news/2013/02/26/fn-lands-army-m4-contract-underbids-colt-remington

AFAIK, due to having the TDP they (FN) can't make the rifles using the TDP for the civilian market or for foreign sales. Likely why it has a 14.7" button rifled barrel instead of a CHF 14.5". Bolt carrier is also lacking manufacturer markings, so it's likely not the same carrier used on issue rifles. Oh, and the barrel profile is clearly an M4 SOCOM profile, but lacking the M203 cuts.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom