Colt no longer producing ARs for civilians.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The 6940's a perfect example of Colt being too little and way too late. Short picatinny handguards, that might have been market trends ten years ago maybe. The monolithic upper was an interesting albeit limiting feature though.

Point taken but the 6940 is more of Colt responding to .mil as they (well, 3 variants) were entries into SCAR.

I believe the M6960 is the only Colt AR response to the market.

Colt has no R&D as it put all its eggs in the .mil basket. Sad and frustrating for Colt fanbois/gun nerds like myself but acknowledge reality and move on.

Now . . . whaddya think of that Windham Weaponry M6940 clone?:D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Point taken but the 6940 is more of Colt responding to .mil as they (well, 3 variants) were entries into SCAR.

I believe the M6960 is the only Colt AR response to the market.

Colt has no R&D as it put all its eggs in the .mil basket. Sad and frustrating for Colt fanbois/gun nerds like myself but acknowledge reality and move on.

Now . . . whaddya think of that Windham Weaponry M6940 clone?:D

You're right about the 6960 that looked like a pretty nice rifle for less than 1200.00. I don't think I have ever seen one for sale anywhere or I just didn't notice, was that a Talo special? Edit: After looking through all 36 pages on gunbroker I didn't see one, there were two 6920-R's though which were similar. Colt's were finally getting bids on gunbroker though lol. Tell people they can't have something and it's sure to drive demand. All Colt needs to do is continue to fan the buying frenzy and then wait for a new level of demand? Windhams don't have the monolithic upper but I like their 20 inch, i've been kind of getting back into those lately.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're right about the 6960 that looked like a pretty nice rifle for less than 1200.00. I don't think I have ever seen one for sale anywhere or I just didn't notice, was that a Talo special? Edit: After looking through all 36 pages on gunbroker I didn't see one, there were two 6920-R's though which were similar. Colt's were finally getting bids on gunbroker though lol. Tell people they can't have something and it's sure to drive demand. All Colt needs to do is continue to fan the buying frenzy and then wait for a new level of demand? Windhams don't have the monolithic upper but I like their 20 inch, i've been kind of getting back into those lately.

Ah, I see the distinction. Of course.

R16M4FTT-SB02-L-1024x355.jpg

Top Bottom