Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I suspect economically and socially it was a good deal. Indianapolis went from being relevant 2 weeks a year in May to a national collegiate and pro sports mecca. It put the city on the map.

Yes it did. I was in the HVAC-R trades and our work went up significantly. Buildings were being refurbished at a good clip. Hotels going into several locations down town. So much more commerce and activity. Restaurants and clubs. The list goes on. I have no idea as to returns to the city but my trade blossomed as did all the others. We had to pull travelers in to keep up.
    Say what you will. Be negative nellie if you wish. But in all of this you are not completely correct.
    Graft greed and corruption in all that money changing hands......well of course there was. Nothing happens at that level with out it.
    All the money that flows through there is insane.

My parents *****ed about the 5% restaurant tax until the day they died. I asked them one day...."Have either of you ever went downtown to eat"

Answer...."NO"

Me...Would you have if the tax was not in place......

Answer...."NO"

Me....well sthu about it. ***** ***** ***** ***** *****.

No I no longer go to any events in the stadium. I could. BIL has season tickets and would take us to a game any time. We do not go. It is far more comfy in my recliner with my big screen and rewind so screw the crowds. Beyond that I am glad they are here.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The food & beverage tax is 2% but it applies throughout Marion County and all the surrounding counties except Morgan. So you don't have to go downtown for it to apply, you pay it every time you get a burger, a beer or a cup of coffee. Its a pretty good money maker when you think about the gross revenue of every restaurant in a 50 mile radius.
    Oh, they also get a 7% tax on all the hotel rooms in that same 50 mile radius.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I find the McDaniels episode hilarious.

Colts fans:

"I hate the Patriots!"
    "The Patriots lost, they suck"
    "Yay, we have the Patriot's OC for our head coach."
    "McDaniels is a douche."

I hear that housing costs in Boston are pretty high, but no worries, the Patriots are living rent free in plenty of heads in Indy.

Well I suppose that's one way of describing rivalry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The food & beverage tax is 2% but it applies throughout Marion County and all the surrounding counties except Morgan. So you don't have to go downtown for it to apply, you pay it every time you get a burger, a beer or a cup of coffee. Its a pretty good money maker when you think about the gross revenue of every restaurant in a 50 mile radius.
    Oh, they also get a 7% tax on all the hotel rooms in that same 50 mile radius.

OK........this makes it more clear. If memory serves it was just downtown at 1st but as usual I could be wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    CaptainAndrewLuck’s letter to his mother on twitter:

Dearest mother —
    Time heals all wounds, including a slap to the face from a bamboozler. I have confidence the unit shall find a proper general, in time. Now, I must return to my sidearm drills. Hopeful.
    — Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Our money, in this case. A billion dollars to play here. Good deal.

Considering we as a country pay trillions of dollars for illegals and those too lazy to work and all we get is more illegals and more people too lazy to work, at least Indy got a sports team that could recoup some of that money for that billion dollars.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cronies are okay I guess as long as they get government to raise taxes on stuff you want. Like having a football team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom