• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Not a football fan, but I think it's stupid to waste a draft pick on a running back. Good O-lines make mediocre backs look great. Bad O-lines make good backs look bad.

And Barkley isn't going to keep Luck upright.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Colts fans are the cubs fans of the NFL. Its always "we were so close, next year is our year" or "we suck, next year is the year"
    Maybe in 108 years the Colts will win another

With 32 teams wanting a piece of the pie there's really not that much pie to go around.
    I think Cleveland and Miami own that moniker but Cleveland somehow seems to regress and I don't know how one team on the bottom can dig themselves in any deeper than they can. All those high draft picks and they can't get **** right. I just got a big WOW on their lack of success.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    With 32 teams wanting a piece of the pie there's really not that much pie to go around.
    I think Cleveland and Miami own that moniker but Cleveland somehow seems to regress and I don't know how one team on the bottom can dig themselves in any deeper than they can. All those high draft picks and they can't get **** right. I just got a big WOW on their lack of success.

I still hope they leave Indy unless they start paying their own way

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah he was off just enough. He warmed up a bit but he could not get it done.
    He has had to warm up all season. He is long in the tooth.
    He mist enough throws he usually makes that would have impacted the game. If you’re playing regular season that doesn’t necessarily translate to losses, but if you’re getting the **** kicked out of your defense by a superbowl contender it surr does.

Maybe Brady has one more year left in him. Either way I’ll bet Belichick wishes he had Jimmy Garopollo back on the roster. Word is Brady kinda used his friendship with Kraft to arrange trading Garopollo. It’s looking like Brady’s departure from the NFL is going to be ugly as Favre’s

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He mist enough throws he usually makes that would have impacted the game. If you’re playing regular season that doesn’t necessarily translate to losses, but if you’re getting the **** kicked out of your defense by a superbowl contender it surr does.

Maybe Brady has one more year left in him. Either way I’ll bet Belichick wishes he had Jimmy Garopollo back on the roster. Word is Brady kinda used his friendship with Kraft to arrange trading Garopollo. It’s looking like Brady’s departure from the NFL is going to be ugly as Favre’s

I'm betting Jimmy Garopollo isn't complaining all the way to the bank.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...olo-contract-san-francisco-4-riers/320257002/

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Colts fans are the cubs fans of the NFL. Its always "we were so close, next year is our year" or "we suck, next year is the year"
    Maybe in 108 years the Colts will win another

Nah. Indy is full of fair weather fans.

Peyton goes down you couldn't give away Colts tickets. Cubs lose 100 games and they still sell out every game

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nah. Indy is full of fair weather fans.

Peyton goes down you couldn't give away Colts tickets. Cubs lose 100 games and they still sell out every game

Let's be fair here. Colts have only been in Indy since '84 or so. Cubbies have been losing in Chitown since baseball started.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    With Ballard at the helm, Reich as HC, two solid coordinators, a return to a 4-3 defensive scheme, and a willingness to be creative and play to strengths (and to keep the foot on the gas) on offense, there's much to be excited for the 2018 Colts. They have the potential to the return to "Star Wars numbers" glory days.

I'll go out on a limb and say that, if Luck is indeed healthy, the Colts will compete for the Super Bowl next year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    IF they have any reason to believe that Luck isn't 100%, they need to sign another qb. Brissette doesn't have the skill set yet to lead the team into the play offs. I think he could develop, but he isn't there yet

Edit- heck they should probably be looking to bring in another good qb anyway. Just in case. Better to be able to cut a man loose than have all your eggs in one basket and have to scramble to find someone if Luck gets hurt...again

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With Ballard at the helm, Reich as HC, two solid coordinators, a return to a 4-3 defensive scheme, and a willingness to be creative and play to strengths (and to keep the foot on the gas) on offense, there's much to be excited for the 2018 Colts. They have the potential to the return to "Star Wars numbers" glory days.

I'll go out on a limb and say that, if Luck is indeed healthy, the Colts will compete for the Super Bowl next year.

Man that is a long and thin limb. I would love to see them finish games. That would be a decent season but contenders.......to many weak links.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Man that is a long and thin limb. I would love to see them finish games. That would be a decent season but contenders.......to many weak links.

The drum that I have been beating is improved offensive line play... and not the standard internet comment of we need better players. There are examples of exceptional offensive linemen, but generally speaking it is about being about to adjust and counter the defense. The talent level for linemen across the league is not miles apart, and it is not like we have talentless linemen... but the ability to adjust blocking schemes on the fly comes down to a couple of roles.

It does not have to be the center that makes blocking adjustments, but typically is... so I'll just say it is the center for this post. The QB reads the defense, and signals a change. The center has to call a blocking adjustment that aligns with whatever formation change the QB is making (e.g. holding in a tight end, or a RB), otherwise you have the wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time. In a game where delaying a defender coming off the edge (or up the middle) by a half second makes a big difference, not being on the same page with the same skills is what makes one team's O-line look like crap, and another team's o-line look like a bunch of pro bowlers.

Jeff Saturday was not an intimidating specimen at center, but he was on the same page with Manning, and could make the best line adjustment in relation to the shifts that Manning was making. I haven't seen that ability with the Colts since Saturday and Manning left. If we can get better at this, I think we will have a much better season. We also need to have a tackle (preferably left) that can hold their own 8-10 times. The team is chasing their tail shifting help to the edges, and then back to the interior because guys are struggling with their matchups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom