• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Adam is like 58 points shy of the number one kicker in points ever.

Wouldn't that also make him the all-time scoring leader too?

Yep. I think it’s also like 7 field goals to be #1 in field goals.

Adam is a damn good kicker. Made some historic kicks. He'll easily break those records.
    I'm hoping the Colts can get to another Conference final versus Brady. I mean he;s only got what 3 years left?

:shady: :patriot::patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Adam is a damn good kicker. Made some historic kicks. He'll easily break those records.
    I'm hoping the Colts can get to another Conference final versus Brady. I mean he;s only got what 3 years left?

:shady: :patriot::patriot:

He's played better in his last 4 years, than his first 4. That &%$#@*&^$ might be around for another decade with our luck.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    He's played better in his last 4 years, than his first 4. That &%$#@*&^$ might be around for another decade with our luck.

Ha! I wonder if Brady and Vinnatierri have a similar offseason regimen? (As he's like 5 years older than Brady, I know he's kicking, 45 and still on top...)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Crazy article on some of our numbers last season. My favorite: Through the first 11 games, the Colts and two other teams held a lead entering the fourth quarter EIGHT times. They went 3 - 8 in that stretch. The other two teams? The Eagles and the Patriots. Amazing. That tells me we had enough talent to win some games. The only other teams to do that were both in the Super Bowl.

Sharp Football Analysis

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Another mind blowing stat: with a lead in the 4th quarter and with less than 3 wideouts on the field, the Colts went run 100% of the time, averaging 1.9 yards per carry. Not 82%. Not 99%. 100%! The ineptitude is insane.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    After the first regular season game. Loss (to a team which turned out to be much better than anyone expected). Chuckle P just mailed it in. His press conferences were a joke blaming only himself for many of the losses when the whole coaching staff was not up to par.

There were many glaring issues all year long but his fate was sealed on the first regular season game.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The critical thinking was....well, you already know.

I tried hard to give Pagano and crew the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years due to extenuating circumstances. Futile hopes with their plan (or lack of plan).
    Good people I hear but give the team better coaching.
    The team DID PLAY HARD this last year but everything was predictable to all who watched them.
    I'd loved to have been a "fly on the wall" as other teams studied film on the Colts.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Guy on ESPN was saying that the Colts should trade Luck to the Browns for their two first round picks. So we would pick 1st, 3rd, and 4th. It’s not gonna happen but it’s an interesting thought. Get a QB and Saquon Barkley and Bradley Chubb. Pass rushers and running backs don’t alter a franchise like a QB can though.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Foles wouldn't be a bad pick up IF the Colts should trade Luck for the picks. I doubt Browns would give up a pair of top 5 first round picks though. Just for conversation's sake.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think Ballard nailed a jewel from the Jets.
    The Colts only dropped 3 spots and acquired 3 MORE 2nd round pics.WOW! Talk about adding quality depth, staying well under the salary cap with young players that haven't earned all those millions. and still getting a great pick position at 6th.
    He's also in the position of having a pocket full of bucks for a great free agent or two as well.
    There's a ton of holes leaking water in the Colts ship. This helps right the ship and plug some leaks.
    Besides... Chubb or Barkley may still be available if 4 QBs are taken early.
    Lots of talent and depth in the draft

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think Ballard nailed a jewel from the Jets.
    The Colts only dropped 3 spots and acquired 3 MORE 2nd round pics.WOW! Talk about adding quality depth, staying well under the salary cap with young players that haven't earned all those millions. and still getting a great pick position at 6th.
    He's also in the position of having a pocket full of bucks for a great free agent or two as well.
    There's a ton of holes leaking water in the Colts ship. This helps right the ship and plug some leaks.
    Besides... Chubb or Barkley may still be available if 4 QBs are taken early.
    Lots of talent and depth in the draft

Yeah I’m not mad. A generational talent would be nice but we’ve got holes to fill all over the roster.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Sony Michel would be just as awesome at RB. Chubb is the #2 all time SEC yardage gainer (behind Hershel of course) but Sony is #16 and he did it running behind Chubb for 4 years. I have to believe on his own he is easily top 5 material.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yeah I’m not mad. A generational talent would be nice but we’ve got holes to fill all over the roster.

ANY good talent will be an improvement over some of the stiffs we've had to play.
    I'm STILL wanting "O" line improvement first or our QB situation will find a brick wall in a hurry.
    Luck is damaged merchandise now and how much more punishment his body will take is open for discussion.
    Brissette holds the ball twice as long as most qbs and I'm thinking he was lucky last year to end the season verticle.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wow. Passing on Chubb and Barkley? Interesting strategy...Ballard is definitely punting next season as well. Looking more and more like a 3 or 4 year rebuild. Hopefully Luck survives that long.

New York Jets acquire No. 3 pick in NFL draft in trade with Indianapolis Colts

There is a high likelihood one or both of those players will be available at #6. The top of the draft will be QB-heavy. Even if not: how is landing 4 picks in the top 50 indicative of "punting" next season?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom