Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Woohooo! Didn't get to watch the game and haven't seen the news yet, so I came here to find out what happened. This is a good start to my day! :D

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Even Money TB is back under center next season.

Very possible.
    The Tom Brady I saw play this year is showing his age. He's not finding his receivers as fast, his long ball over the middle isn't what it used to be. and when he hits the bench he's gasping for air and not up and down the bench giving pep talks.
    You're not going to fool mother nature.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Very possible.
    The Tom Brady I saw play this year is showing his age. He's not finding his receivers as fast, his long ball over the middle isn't what it used to be. and when he hits the bench he's gasping for air and not up and down the bench giving pep talks.
    You're not going to fool mother nature.

It will be interesting to see which of us is right. Your analysis is 180 from mine. Brady has no receivers around him but Eddleman. If you watched last night even when the line gave him time the receivers could not consistently shake free, were running the wrong route, or dropping passes. He seemed to have great arm strength and be on the money with his passes. I think some who are calling Brady old are not comparing this Brady to the Brady of a few years ago but rather comparing him to Jackson, Mahomes, or Watson types, Brady never did those kind of moves. Give him a line and good receivers, tight ends, and catching backs and he will still cut the opponent up, but he never did move around a lot.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Brady is still playing better then most QB's in the NFL. Kraft would be stupid to let him go now. All this talk of FA for TB is just media talking. I am willing to bet within a month Brady will have a new contract with the Patriots as long as Bellicheck stays. If BB retires, so does Brady.

Plus it isn't like the Patriots will have a good draft pick to pick up a good QB in the draft, not like that stopped them with Brady anyway. Chances of finding another Brady in the late rounds of hte draft will be slim to none.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You guys only had to wait 20 years and 9 Super Bowls to enjoy this. LOL

I'm only a casual Colts fan by home team association. But, I would say watching the Pat's lose last night was great to watch. Dang near as good to watch as when the Colts beat them in the AFC championship game on their way to winning the Super Bowl. Sure the Pat's have had great success but really, that's not why I was happy. I just don't like TB or BB...IMHO they are both weasels and I like watching them get beat regardless who does it

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It will be interesting to see which of us is right. Your analysis is 180 from mine. Brady has no receivers around him but Eddleman. If you watched last night even when the line gave him time the receivers could not consistently shake free, were running the wrong route, or dropping passes. He seemed to have great arm strength and be on the money with his passes. I think some who are calling Brady old are not comparing this Brady to the Brady of a few years ago but rather comparing him to Jackson, Mahomes, or Watson types, Brady never did those kind of moves. Give him a line and good receivers, tight ends, and catching backs and he will still cut the opponent up, but he never did move around a lot.

My opinion would be that while Brady has never been as magical on his feet as a number of other QBs in the league. But in New England they don't seem to have a problem cutting a man loose if he doesn't perform and meet their expectations. So if their receivers, tight ends and backs can't shake loose why not? What has changed so much..other than losing Gronk? Seriously who did they loose, I don't know. Brady still has an arm and is atill better than most but age is clearly starting to catch up. If he was a receiver, I would say he has lost a step

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm only a casual Colts fan by home team association. But, I would say watching the Pat's lose last night was great to watch. Dang near as good to watch as when the Colts beat them in the AFC championship game on their way to winning the Super Bowl. Sure the Pat's have had great success but really, that's not why I was happy. I just don't like TB or BB...IMHO they are both weasels and I like watching them get beat regardless who does it

Yup.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Picking up penn station to munch on during the game. Bad idea, taking forever and missing first quarter.

But nothing beats a good Philly cheesesteak

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Brady is still playing better then most QB's in the NFL. Kraft would be stupid to let him go now. All this talk of FA for TB is just media talking. I am willing to bet within a month Brady will have a new contract with the Patriots as long as Bellicheck stays. If BB retires, so does Brady.

Plus it isn't like the Patriots will have a good draft pick to pick up a good QB in the draft, not like that stopped them with Brady anyway. Chances of finding another Brady in the late rounds of hte draft will be slim to none.

Pats are amazing at drafting players. I don’t know how they do it but they always find talent in no name players. Look where Brady came from. Besides, they don’t really have to draft anyone. With their roster they could make some good trades if there was a active QB they wanted.

But like CM said. Brady will be back next year. I couldn’t see the pats letting him go as long as he wanted to play.

Maybe keapernick is there go to next season?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know. All those years they didn’t get caught cheating. Sheesh

You guys crack me up. News Flash: All the teams cheat.

Here is is a site that has all the cheats listed for all the teams. https://yourteamcheats.com

The Colts are the third highest on the cheat list. You can certainly debate the cheats but does any Colts fan believe deep in their heart that management did not make the moves necessary to lose to get Luck? If life had worked out how we all would have wished, Luck would lead the Colts on a 20 year Super Bowl run every year winning a half dozen or so, I guarantee the rest of the country would hate the Colts, call them cheaters for how they got Luck. The Colts won an average of 12 games a year from 02-14 except for 11, the "best they muster was to win 2 games. LOL

I appreciate that the Colts are doing what they can to win, but basing a whole mindset on one team but not the others is not reality What about PED use? Is illegally piping in crowd noise better than videoing opposing coaches signals from an unapproved location? (I find most people think the Patriots got in trouble for taking video of the opposing coaches, this is not true, it was an unapproved location that they got in trouble for.)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bit of a reach there. None of those were proven anyways. Noise gate? Really? Did you ever attend a game in the rca dome?

Accusations arent the same thing proven. That entire list is accusations.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And after reading through those accusations, they aren’t even correct. The deflategate found 3 of 4 colts balls deflated? Weird, the official release from the nfl stated only 1 colts ball was deflated. :rolleyes:

Noisegate? You mean where the nfl and cbs both said it wasn’t true and only heard on television because of a cbs broadcasting issue?

Snowgate? Clearing a spot for the kicker? Weird. It wasn’t penalized and allowed by the refs during the game. And vinaterri did the same thing in the super bowl when he played for New England. How come this isn’t listed in new England’s “cheat list”.

That site is the equivalent of saying “ya I’ve committed a few felonies, but here are other people that were accused but never convicted of a crime so it’s ok”

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Yes, the Colts won an average of 12 games a year with Manning at QB. He missed a while season with an injury and they only won two games. Did you see any of those games? Unfortunately, I was at all the home games that year plus the embarrassment in New Orleans. The Colts had the most abysmal QB play I have ever seen in my life. Fans may have chanted "Suck for Luck" but i simply don't believe it was an institutional stance. JMO

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And after reading through those accusations, they aren’t even correct. The deflategate found 3 of 4 colts balls deflated? Weird, the official release from the nfl stated only 1 colts ball was deflated. :rolleyes:

Noisegate? You mean where the nfl and cbs both said it wasn’t true and only heard on television because of a cbs broadcasting issue?

Snowgate? Clearing a spot for the kicker? Weird. It wasn’t penalized and allowed by the refs during the game. And vinaterri did the same thing in the super bowl when he played for New England. How come this isn’t listed in new England’s “cheat list”.

That site is the equivalent of saying “ya I’ve committed a few felonies, but here are other people that were accused but never convicted of a crime so it’s ok”

Funny you didn't address suck for Luck.

As for the snow, when the Colts did it was illegal, when the Pats did it, it caused the rule to be changed that the Colts violated. So the official goes to warm up and does not see the illegal conduct is it not illegal then?

What about teams that have lots of PED violations consistently?

The point is it is irrational to blame one team because they kicked the team we loved ass regularly.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Funny you didn't address suck for Luck.

As for the snow, when the Colts did it was illegal, when the Pats did it, it caused the rule to be changed that the Colts violated. So the official goes to warm up and does not see the illegal conduct is it not illegal then?

What about teams that have lots of PED violations consistently?

Since when is losing games cheating? I thought that was so idiotic it didn’t need to be stated.

As for clearing the snow for the kicker, again, it wasn’t secretly done. It’s in the middle of the field. In plain view. Referees, who are the “police” during the game, obviously witnessed no crime. Officials don’t go to warm up in the middle of a game when they’re officiating. Another excuse. Again. Kinda reaching.

That site is obviously biased. Here’s on quote to show...

Unlike other recent NFL scandals, news outlets have responded to these charges with a collective yawn, most likely because Peyton Manning has not had the jealousy-inducing, post-season success of quarterbacks like Eli Manning.

Or, maybe news didn’t respond because it was never proven, and blasting somebody nationally for accusations is a wrong thing to do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom