Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Generally the coaching staff is hired by the head coach and GM.

Irsay rarely gets involved beyond the GM hire.
    If Irsay has that little confidence in the coaching staff, I'm thinking Ballard and possibly some under him better keep their heads on a swivel. This could turn into the "rebuilding" of all rebuildings.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    If Irsay has that little confidence in the coaching staff, I'm thinking Ballard and possibly some under him better keep their heads on a swivel. This could turn into the "rebuilding" of all rebuildings.

It’s very obvious that Irsay, not Ballard, is making these decisions.

Personally I think it’s time for old Jim to step down and let Carlie take over.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Have I mentioned that this thread is appropriately named? Good to know Irsay is still drinking and taking pills.
    This is gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Not sure it can really get that much worse. Who should they hire short term the OC they just fired? As you said the tank is in for this year. One thing we will see is who the real/ genuine football players are.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The betting odds have Manning as the leader for the next head coach. I think he would be good but have never heard if he has any interest in coaching.

I'd love to see that, but he seems to be involved in a lot of endeavors outside of football now, so I don't know that he'd be interested.

The serious stuff I read about Manning (a guy that does nothing without a major goal) is that all he does is to actually try to get the cash on hand needed to compete to be a majority owner of a team. His goals are bigger than coaching or even managing a team. That is why he works so hard and is always leveraging his work and investments.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The serious stuff I read about Manning (a guy that does nothing without a major goal) is that all he does is to actually try to get the cash on hand needed to compete to be a majority owner of a team. His goals are bigger than coaching or even managing a team. That is why he works so hard and is always leveraging his work and investments.
    Yeah.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It’s very obvious that Irsay, not Ballard, is making these decisions.

Personally I think it’s time for old Jim to step down and let Carlie take over.
    I think Jim is long in the tooth and not as effective as he once was. However, I think he should be involving Carlie in the process but finding a head coach and possibly a GM by the end of the season might not be the best time to turn over full control

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom