• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Jim is long in the tooth and not as effective as he once was.
    Just curious where you came up with this point? There are only five owners younger than Jim. For the most part it has been an old man’s game. Heck, you have to have $2-3 billion in cash to even be considered a majority owner.

I always appreciated that Irsay was not a meddling owner all over like Jerry Jones who was 77 to Irsay’s 61 when the article was written in early 2021. Mike Brown owner of the bungles is 84.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Just curious where you came up with this point? There are only five owners younger than Jim. For the most part it has been an old man’s game. Heck, you have to have $2-3 billion in cash to even be considered a majority owner.

I always appreciated that Irsay was not a meddling owner all over like Jerry Jones who was 77 to Irsay’s 61 when the article was written in early 2021. Mike Brown owner of the bungles is 84.

It’s not his age that concerns me, but his mental capacity.

He’s a crazy-old-uncle running a multi-billion dollar company.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Did you by chance review the list of owners in the link I posted? I think that is the rule not the exception. LOL

Yeah maybe, but I think he’s beyond the point where he can be trusted to make rational decisions.

You don’t fire your coach halfway through a season and hire a guy that’s never coached in his life because you have a “feeling” about him.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I'd love to see his daughter take the helm. I've made it clear I'm not a Jim Irsay fan. I think the Championship went to his head. Anyway, just my opinion, and, didn't want to pee on anyone's parade, so, just kept out of the way. Nice to see some people seeing it my way. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah maybe, but I think he’s beyond the point where he can be trusted to make rational decisions.

You don’t fire your coach halfway through a season and hire a guy that’s never coached in his life because you have a “feeling” about him.
    I suspect something far deeper is going on here. Some kind of trust issues with the coaching staff there currently, maybe?

Do we think Saturday will be coaching beyond this season? I do not.

He felt the need to bring in an outsider to manage this transition. Why?

Do we think he is doing this without involvement of the family that work with him? I do not.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Apart from Irsay and Ballard being a dumpster fire, I do think Jeff Saturday did well at the press conference.

He’s not a dumb guy. He wasn’t afraid to shout and fight with Peyton Manning. I really don’t see him lasting past this season, but who knows.

I’ll be shocked if we finish with more than 5 wins.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems that Saturday being named HC is being received as a big deal. That this is a slight to coaches not even in the Colts orbit because those coaches were more deserving than Saturday are out there.

We all saw this as a train wreck Sunday, with some of us calling for reich to be replaced. Anyone with a smidge of football sense knows that Lombardi incarnate is not coming through the door to save this season, it is over.

We also know that there are specific rules that must be followed to interview assistant coaches on other teams and even if they wanted to hire a current assistant coach they will have to follow the Rooney rule and that would be almost impossible mid season.

I picture Saturday as a place holder until the whole situation is resolved, including the status of Ballard. As I posted earlier something happened to trigger this upheaval. Not sure why this was such a big deal, it seems patient and conservative not to jump too quick and compound the situation with rushed decisions…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It seems that Saturday being named HC is being received as a big deal. That this is a slight to coaches not even in the Colts orbit because those coaches were more deserving than Saturday are out there.

We all saw this as a train wreck Sunday, with some of us calling for reich to be replaced. Anyone with a smidge of football sense knows that Lombardi incarnate is not coming through the door to save this season, it is over.

We also know that there are specific rules that must be followed to interview assistant coaches on other teams and even if they wanted to hire a current assistant coach they will have to follow the Rooney rule and that would be almost impossible mid season.

I picture Saturday as a place holder until the whole situation is resolved, including the status of Ballard. As I posted earlier something happened to trigger this upheaval. Not sure why this was such a big deal, it seems patient and conservative not to jump too quick and compound the situation with rushed decisions…
    It seems obvious that Irsay could no longer trust his head coach. Saturday is someone he can trust and already an consultant. He's probably just a placeholder but something big must have led up to this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom