• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He is a 3rd string at best RB, he wont make much money. Well for pro sports anyway, a few hundred K for a handful of years.

That being said, its pot. Its not really that big of a deal imo. He got busted, will have to do whatever is asked of him, and maybe given the Colts stance on stuff like this may get fired. Who knows.

League minimum for 2011 is $340,000. I'd say that isn't too bad even if you don't see the field. Even if you made the active roster for a team for a couple years and were smart about your money, you'd be fine if you ended up cut and working a "normal" job.

As far as Ricky Williams smoking up, I kind of doubt it since every single one of his drug tests have came up clean the last couple years and he needs to focus on staying in the league to help pay his child support. He has his social anxiety issue under control without medication. A big part of the issues he had was the pressure of living up to Ditka's trade and the pounding he took early on in Miami. My guess is that he does a lot more meditation these days than thinking about toking up. Marijuana was like "psychotherapy" for him and I think he was 100% right when he was talking about marijuana being 100x better than Paxil for the issues he was having.

The NFL is worried about the "epidemic" of pot smokers from the 2010 draft, they need to be much more worried about the increase of violent offenders coming out in the last few drafts.

As far as the players (or anyone else for that matter) getting busted with a small amount, give them a ticket and let them go on their way. There should be restrictions as far as use; ie. driving under the influence and restrictions about use if it may interfere with work performance (safety)...and people could probably come up with more. The government would make far more money off of taxes if it was decriminalized than they can off of tickets and they'd stop wasting tax money by locking up the non-violent, recreational users.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    League minimum for 2011 is $340,000. I'd say that isn't too bad even if you don't see the field. Even if you made the active roster for a team for a couple years and were smart about your money, you'd be fine if you ended up cut and working a "normal" job.

Athletes and "smart about money" = head explosion

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I bet the percentage of smokers in the lockout right now might shock some of you.
    i bet the percentages of people on here would shock people. so would the percentages of police, politicians, soldiers, firefighters, doctors, lawyers, judges, etc etc etc.

just decriminalize it already. its so stuid that we are locking people up for weed. sure if you are driving under the influence of ANYTHING that impairs you then go straight to jail do not pass go etc

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Athletes and "smart about money" = head explosion

Hey there are guys from the Ivy League that come out and make really good financial decisions. That is a small percent but it happens. To me, it is kind of sad that with all the management a player has they still waste their money on silly stuff. You'd think their people would try to keep them fairly low-key because "you never know". You could blow a knee or something and with the big house, nice cars, and diamonds and gold...you're basically living hood rich.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    OK........it may be true that these professional athletes are, in some sense, in the public eye.... and supposed to be a 'role model' for Americas youth. Beyond that, how many of our impressionable youth (to be influenced)... ever really even heard of this guy. Really!? And let's face it...... probably 40% or more of Americas 'impressionable youth'.... of the age to be familiar with these pro-NFL players, have already, themselves, indulged in smoking marijuana..... even in grade school. Just do an internet search, on the subject......

This is (IMHO), a 'slap-on-the-wrist' kind of offense.... that will likely be dismissed (who knows)..... and not cost this guy his job with the Colts (altho I can see a possible suspension, by either the Colts or the NFL league).... but even that has some legality issues, due to the current NFL lock-out.

Despite his obvious public expression of his Christian faith, as an NFL team owner..... who here believes that Mr Irsay never "toked up"? Ever witnessed any of his "play-off" antics, costumes and 'contests'? Irsay has seen a few 'buds' up close and personal..... in my judgement. :cool:

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    OK........it may be true that these professional athletes are, in some sense, in the public eye.... and supposed to be a 'role model' for Americas youth. Beyond that, how many of our impressionable youth (to be influenced)... ever really even heard of this guy. Really!? And let's face it...... probably 40% or more of Americas 'impressionable youth'.... of the age to be familiar with these pro-NFL players, have already, themselves, indulged in smoking marijuana..... even in grade school. Just do an internet search, on the subject......

This is (IMHO), a 'slap-on-the-wrist' kind of offense.... that will likely be dismissed (who knows)..... and not cost this guy his job with the Colts (altho I can see a possible suspension, by either the Colts or the NFL league).... but even that has some legality issues, due to the current NFL lock-out.

Despite his obvious public expression of his Christian faith, as an NFL team owner..... who here believes that Mr Irsay never "toked up"? Ever witnessed any of his "play-off" antics, costumes and 'contests'? Irsay has seen a few 'buds' up close and personal..... in my judgement. :cool:

Wrong...pro athletes should NOT be role models for kids. Parents and other QUALITY adults that the kids actually know should be the role models. Parents need to stop letting the TV raise their kids. It is so silly that parents think their kids should look up to someone that they've never met. Sure, they can strive to play in a similar style but that should be where it ends. If someone from the television is someone that you want your kids to idolize, maybe it is best that you aren't their role model...maybe you should work on yourself until YOU can be their role model.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Wrong...pro athletes should NOT be role models for kids. Parents and other QUALITY adults that the kids actually know should be the role models. Parents need to stop letting the TV raise their kids. It is so silly that parents think their kids should look up to someone that they've never met. Sure, they can strive to play in a similar style but that should be where it ends. If someone from the television is someone that you want your kids to idolize, maybe it is best that you aren't their role model...maybe you should work on yourself until YOU can be their role model.

I hope this comment isn't directed at me. Because my kids are grown and married; 2 have graduated college; and they are all doing just fine.... as I raised them to have Christ as their role model.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    im raising my daughter to avoid being nailed to crosses at all costs. :dunno:

Yeah.... OK. I'm not here to preach or even to discuss religion (it's against the rules). But I stand by my post and I'll just leave it there.

He's not arguing, it was just funny...

francis.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I hope this comment isn't directed at me. Because my kids are grown and married; 2 have graduated college; and they are all doing just fine.... as I raised them to have Christ as their role model.

It was directed at society as a whole. If you raised your kids to be decent people, great. I'm not going to get into beliefs but if it worked for you, that is also great. Not even going to try to be witty or funny, if you've got a solid family and your beliefs worked for you and yours...I've got nothing wrong with that. Not my bag though.

Top Bottom