• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Not surprising. By all accounts Cadlwell is a standup guy, but you don't remain a head coach in the NFL when you fo from 14-2 to 2-14 in 2 seasons regardless of the QB situation.

I seriously doubt that the Polians are going anywhere, but we'll see.

I'm not looking forward to the Andrew Luck drama before the draft.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I personally think he should stay. The team lost their best player in Manning, and Caldwell was stuck with inept backups, that he had no hand in bringing in to replace PM. That's a pretty bad pickle to be placed in. You won't find many that can pick up one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL on short notice.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    By all accounts Cadlwell is a standup guy, but you don't remain a head coach in the NFL when you fo from 14-2 to 2-14 in 2 seasons regardless of the QB situation.

The 14-2 team wasn't Caldwell, it was Manning-Dungy-Polin. I guess Caldwell can get some credit, be he inherited a Superbowl rated team, so a 14-2 record wasn't shocking. I also don't blame him for 2-14. The team revolves around their star quarterback, and they have never put anything into a decent back-up. The star player is out, not shocking everything goes to hell. I can't put that much blame on Caldwell either.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This isn't the first year that Caldwell has hindered us. Yes, he took us to the Super Bowl. Yes, it was hardly his team at that point. The only reason Caldwell has a job here in the first place is Polian knew he could control him. You will never see a big name GOOD coach here until the Polians are gone. The change needs to be made now. The Colts are not the only team that lost their QB. THe Colts did not struggle because they lost Peyton. THey completely fell apart. That is on the coach, not a single player being gone.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like Caldwell about as much as Dungy, which isnt that much. Imo if indy had a better staff they win more championships. Dungy was a good teacher but not a good closer, same with Caldwell.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I personally think he should stay. The team lost their best player in Manning, and Caldwell was stuck with inept backups, that he had no hand in bringing in to replace PM. That's a pretty bad pickle to be placed in. You won't find many that can pick up one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL on short notice.

We had one of the worst defense crews in the entire league. Manning is a QB. I blame coaching and management for this horrid year.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We had one of the worst defense crews in the entire league. Manning is a QB. I blame coaching and management for this horrid year.

The defense has always sucked. And I totally agree with us having horrid management. Maybe we Irsay needs to clean house entirely.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like Caldwell about as much as Dungy, which isnt that much. Imo if indy had a better staff they win more championships. Dungy was a good teacher but not a good closer, same with Caldwell.

How does one NOT like Dungy? He has a Superbowl and he kept the team classy throughout his tenure. He coached the Colts for 7 years. Where you find fault, I have no idea.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Not that I want someone to be fired, but I don't care for his coaching style. Last couple of years I think Manning made most of the calls. He didn't get that this year and it shows.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Caldwell is not a leader and not a head coach period. Peyton runs the team in INDY and has since about his 3rd year in the league. Flat out our team could have actually been decent this year if we had a defensive coordinator worth a crap and anybody that knew how to play defense to go with Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. Our defense is what has kept us from winning championships period. Our offense has always scored plenty of points to win championships but our defense continues to give up more than even we can score.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    This isn't the first year that Caldwell has hindered us. Yes, he took us to the Super Bowl. Yes, it was hardly his team at that point. The only reason Caldwell has a job here in the first place is Polian knew he could control him. You will never see a big name GOOD coach here until the Polians are gone. The change needs to be made now. The Colts are not the only team that lost their QB. THe Colts did not struggle because they lost Peyton. THey completely fell apart. That is on the coach, not a single player being gone.

you forget Peyton Manning was/is the coach of the Colts. They lost there offensive coach and quarterback this year. Caldwell needs to go.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    If there are no changes made in the coaching staff,
    then the fans can expect the same results next season.

This will result in a huge revenue loss.

Winning is a plus but the bottom line is it's all about the money.

Caldwell will be touching up his resume.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    IMO we had no good coaching from anyone this season. Noone stepped up to the plate on this matter. The team fell apart which there is no excuse for that either. We need lots of changes for sure and starting with the Head Coach would not bother me in the least. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How does one NOT like Dungy? He has a Superbowl and he kept the team classy throughout his tenure. He coached the Colts for 7 years. Where you find fault, I have no idea.

Horrible defensive philosophy. The Tampa 2 is a joke and is designed around small/fast players and they inevitably get hurt and cannot stop the run. The Colts are still to this day dealing with his garbage defensive philosophy. You cannot design your defense around the offense getting a big lead early, its just not feasible in the playoffs when you play the best of the best. That is the reason they got beat so often in the playoffs. Frequently by less talented teams.

02 - 41-0 drubbing by Jets
    03 - Lost @ Pats in AFC title game (good season)
    04 - 20-3 to pats in 2nd rd (should have been closer)
    05 - Loss @ home to 6 seed Steelers
    06 - Won SB
    07 - Loss to SD without Rivers or Tomlinson
    08- Loss @ home to Chargers

4 out of seven years they lost in the first round

His defense was why he couldnt win it in Tampa and needed Gruden to get the Bucs over the SB hump. He made it to one super bowl with Indy with arguably the most talented offensive team in the decade and they had some pretty good defensive players just a terrible scheme. That is not getting it done.

I dont dislike him as a person, but he was not as good of a coach as he is portrayed to be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Horrible defensive philosophy. The Tampa 2 is a joke and is designed around small/fast players and they inevitably get hurt and cannot stop the run. The Colts are still to this day dealing with his garbage defensive philosophy. You cannot design your defense around the offense getting a big lead early, its just not feasible in the playoffs when you play the best of the best. That is the reason they got beat so often in the playoffs. Frequently by less talented teams.

02 - 41-0 drubbing by Jets
    03 - Lost @ Pats in AFC title game (good season)
    04 - 20-3 to pats in 2nd rd (should have been closer)
    05 - Loss @ home to 6 seed Steelers
    06 - Won SB
    07 - Loss to SD without Rivers or Tomlinson
    08- Loss @ home to Chargers

4 out of seven years they lost in the first round

His defense was why he couldnt win it in Tampa and needed Gruden to get the Bucs over the SB hump.
    He made it to one super bowl with Indy with arguably the most talented offensive team in the decade and they had some pretty good defensive players just a terrible scheme. That is not getting it done.

I dont dislike him as a person, but he was not as good of a coach as he is portrayed to be.

This is incorrect. Dungy's defense in Tampa was one of the NFL's best. It was the offense that got him fired.

Statistically, Dungy's tenure with the Colts is better than most coaches that have ever coached in the NFL. Looking at records

Top Bottom