Columbus Kay Jewelers - No Persons Shall Carry!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    If I were on the criminal trespassing jury for a case arising out of that, I'd adjudicate that the sign is too low and transparent. Easy to overlook. Hence, not in a place "likely to come to the attention of the public". If the proprietor of this Kay's Jewelry store has the courage of his convictions, he can have it removed, changed to 2" tall black text on white background and reapplied where it's centered verticly at average eye level.

After thirty five yrs dealing with the public, I can assure it really doesn't matter where it's located on the door. Most people can't or won't read it anyway. If they do read it, they won't comprehend what it's telling them.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    After thirty five yrs dealing with the public, I can assure it really doesn't matter where it's located on the door. Most people can't or won't read it anyway. If they do read it, they won't comprehend what it's telling them.

Or they will completely disregard it.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    no person... so can i throw a holster of some sort on a dog?

Relevant

d6acV.png

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    no person... so can i throw a holster of some sort on a dog?
    Surely they have a no-pets policy as well, which I doubt applies to assistance animals for the handicapped or disabled...

Only problem is, to need a service dog - blindness is the primary requisite that I know of and having a gun as a blind man, probably isn't the greatest idea...

Apply purple as needed.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have heard of a legal prohibition on the carrying of firearms, whether absolute or situational, described as a "disability". Maybe I can convert my dog into, not a seeing-eye-dog, but a packing-heat-dog. It's still a way to deal with a disability.

@ looney2ns
    The Criminal Trespass statute says nothing about being comprehended by the public, or respected by the public, just noticed by the public. Could you imagine a law stipulating to what a person is required to understand?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow. On-duty law enforcement aren't even welcome in their parking lot? I guess the cops will have to park across the street and use their bullhorn to coax the robbery suspects out.

Downright silly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What kind of foolishness is this? That dog's coat doesn't match the camo pattern on its holster! Where's the camo paint kit, get this dog properly outfitted.

That Dada-esque camo pattern on that ottoman is wigging me right out.

:laugh: She said Dada-esque on a gun forum. :laugh:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Folks shouldn't be shopping at these mass produced jewelry stores anyway. There a plenty of small jewelers who don't care if you're armed. And they actually have carefully crafted jewelry that aren't mass produced junk. Give them your business, they deserve it.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    What kind of foolishness is this? That dog's coat doesn't match the camo pattern on its holster! Where's the camo paint kit, get this dog properly outfitted.

That Dada-esque camo pattern on that ottoman is wigging me right out.

Ha! I know...she should be wearing a tactical black holster but unfortunately none of the kydex she has will fit the larger frame revolvers.

And don't be freaked out by the ottoman....it is some weird golf pattern on the chair and ottoman that the dog claims as her own in my library.

But I love the fact that you worked in a reference to an early century European art movement. Your art history teacher would be proud.

29467fee.jpg

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Wow, seriously? That is one of the most descriptive no gun signs I have ever seen. It's like they really think scum will read that or...trust that the scum that plans to rob them can read or have perfect attention spans

Top Bottom