Commifornia Fail: 6 Dead, 3 in Crit Condition in Los Angeles Hair Salon Shooting

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In fairness, the "unloaded open carry" ban doesn't go into effect until 1/1/12. That said, the average citizen not only cannot carry there, he also has been conditioned to not want to do so. I hold no hope for them; I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    License plate :facepalm:

20111012__PN13-SHOOT_TRUCK.jpg

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Here's what I got from those links...

The shooter goes into a salon where his ex-wife works and kills 8 people, wounding several others, because his ex-wife and he are in a custody battle over their son.

How does that get the situation to resolve in HIS favor? It doesn't. He'll go to jail and the kid will be in foster care.

Does this character have a history of mental health issues that no-one has touched on yet? Was he another Jared Lee Loughner in the making?

An armed patron or co-worker MIGHT have made a difference in the outcome, of that we can only speculate... it won't change why this guy flipped out.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

The shooter goes into a salon where his ex-wife works and kills 8 people, wounding several others, because his ex-wife and he are in a custody battle over their son.

How does that get the situation to resolve in HIS favor? It doesn't. He'll go to jail and the kid will be in foster care.

Does this character have a history of mental health issues that no-one has touched on yet? Was he another Jared Lee Loughner in the making?

An armed patron or co-worker MIGHT have made a difference in the outcome, of that we can only speculate... it won't change why this guy flipped out.

No it won't change how or why he flipped out but, it may only be 1 or two people dead instead of 6.

That is why we carry. We can't worry what everyone else is thinking and heave to be prepared in a situation like this. You can only control what is within your ability. Having a firearm strengthens your ability to react to these situations better than someone who doesn't have a firearm.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    No it won't change how or why he flipped out but, it may only be 1 or two people dead instead of 6.

That is why we carry. We can't worry what everyone else is thinking and heave to be prepared in a situation like this. You can only control what is within your ability. Having a firearm strengthens your ability to react to these situations better than someone who doesn't have a firearm.

You completely missed my point.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

No I didn't. I understand the point your trying to make but its moot.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    commiefornia has become a Criminal Protection State. With criminals in government, they need to make sure honest people are disarmed, lest they figure out why the second amendment was written into the supreme law of the land.

I think your post needs to be made in black....I detected no sarcasm.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Exactly. Remember all the post office shootings some years back (you young'uns may not)? Hence the term going postal.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    No I didn't. I understand the point your trying to make but its moot.

Apparently not. My point is this - why kill 7 or 8 innocent bystanders, when they have nothing to do with the problem at hand? For that matter, why kill anyone, when you know it will put you in jail and the kid in foster care.

Where is the logic in that? Well, there isn't any... because the guy is some kind of nut.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Apparently not. My point is this - why kill 7 or 8 innocent bystanders, when they have nothing to do with the problem at hand? For that matter, why kill anyone, when you know it will put you in jail and the kid in foster care.

Where is the logic in that? Well, there isn't any... because the guy is some kind of nut.

I see that but, in times you get really angry haven't you said/done something you never would have if your head was clear. Stress and how every part of this play happened could have had a dramtic affect on him. I'm not saying this guy was a nut. But I am also not saying this guy wasn't just irresponsible who didn't think clearly and acted in a manner that is unimaginable. Theres a fine line and he crossed it by a lot. We don't need to try and explain why he killed all those people or why kill his ex. We need to question why weren't people able to properly defend themselves or a third party.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I see that but, in times you get really angry haven't you said/done something you never would have if your head was clear. Stress and how every part of this play happened could have had a dramtic affect on him. I'm not saying this guy was a nut. But I am also not saying this guy wasn't just irresponsible who didn't think clearly and acted in a manner that is unimaginable. Theres a fine line and he crossed it by a lot. We don't need to try and explain why he killed all those people or why kill his ex. We need to question why weren't people able to properly defend themselves or a third party.

There is no question as to why those people are not allowed to defend themselves, the facts are known to all here.

Most people (and especially the court) will want to know why he flipped out and how (if he is a nutter) he got the weapons he used... given the laws at play there.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    There is no question as to why those people are not allowed to defend themselves, the facts are known to all here.

Most people (and especially the court) will want to know why he flipped out and how (if he is a nutter) he got the weapons he used... given the laws at play there.

So, that is the biggest problem with this.

Also, it's easy for anyone to get a gun in a city like that. Why are people always looking back at why/how he did it and not look at why/how others can live next time. But, that takes personal responsibility and California has none of it. Time to remove Kalifornia from the Union.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Two days ago, the shooter was a law-abiding citizen (as far as any of us know)... now he's a criminal. The 'system' will question that... not a law they just passed.

In order to get the result you want, you first have to change how people think... and this event just re-enforces their belief that guns are a bad thing.

California is a lost cause.

Top Bottom