• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'm looking forward to all of those "shot first" stories. It will be a good read, I'm sure.

Well, I need to move on to another thread. I hope I can understand it, though. You know, since I'm an immature, dumb guy hoping to feel big and gain some respect.

I'll be back after ATM has his way...
    I ask the same question yesterday and all I could here was crickets.

This afternoon I had lunch at George's Gyros in Hobart and had a short conversation with an off duty LEO for Hobart. I think he was because he had a paper I.D. badge clip to his shirt and drove off in a patrol car. He came up to me and asked me.

(LEO) What department do you worked for.

(Me) I'm just a civilian.

(LEO) Do you always carry your firearm like that.

(Me) Everyday.

(LEO) Do you think that's safe.

(Me) What do you mean?

(LEO) You'll be the first one shot if this place gets robbed.

(Me) Can you tell if that has ever happened before.

At this point he's just looking at me so I ask him to have a seat. He still just looking at me so again I asked him to have seat. And then he tells me he does not have the time for me. As he is walking away from me to go set back down I said I was hoping to have a civil conversation with you.

He goes back to set down for about 5 minutes with he's buddy and then gets up and leaves. Not another word said to me.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    hamiltonlegup.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I've taken some pretty hard hits on here for not reading or posting "the open carry argument". Also I'm getting beat up for being a troll. I'm a big boy and I can take it but you who are pointing out my flaws could have also done a little research in my posting history and you would see that I'm just your average poster. Hell, I don't even come here that often.

Let me try to enlighten you. OCers take a constant beating from posters like you that bring up the same old, unproven, personal opinions about how anyone who does it differently than you do it is wrong, or in your words, "dumb" and immature.

There are zero facts to back up your claims but that doesn't dissuade you from making them.

So you then get pointed to a thread where there are thousands of posts that hash this subject out very thoroughly.

Then you pile on with your notions and "disagree" with the OP in the Open Carry Argument thread and don't bother to read even one page of the thread.

I could care less about your posting history. I don't need to know that you're just a regular poster. You come on here and insult INGO members and then try to blame us for flaming you because we didn't take time to research your other posts.

Maybe you aren't a troll, I don't know but in this thread, in your OP, you fit the definition to a "T".

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It seems this sort of high entertainment happens around here regularly. And it seems to be the same topics that start it. :popcorn:

There are a few "religious" topics on gun forums- OC vs. CC, Glock vs. 1911 vs. revolver vs. everyone else, and best caliber. Humor and respect go a long way towards keeping those discussions civil, but not everyone understands that. Starting off a thread proclaiming you are right and everyone else is wrong on these topics never goes well.

What is that?

Zorro: the Gay Blade.

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I dont care which way anyone carrys. I have my opinion formed from my history and background as you guys have yours. For me I have been taught to look for the obvious threat first. Maybe i dont have "stories" to illustrate this as some of you would like, but if i limit myself to only certain situations then im risking myself and my family.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you are not a member of law enforcement and you're open carrying, IMHO, your losing the element of surprise and potentially inviting trouble where it other wise wouldn't be.

So LEOs still have the "element of surprise" when they OC? :dunno:

I dont see how it matters if you are a LEO or not. :scratch:

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    So LEOs still have the "element of surprise" when they OC? :dunno:

I dont see how it matters if you are a LEO or not. :scratch:

No they don't but LEO's have a couple other things going for them: a tight knit community reachable by radio and laws created specifically about and for them whereby if a bad guy attacks or causes harm they do not fair well in the courts.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Since criminals don't fare well in court for attacking or causing harm to anyone, it must be the radio.

I must start carrying a radio now too. How do I get a police radio?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'll go ahead and bite on this one too..

I'm going to have to throw my hat in with those who ask for examples of OCer's getting targeted because they represented a threat to a would-be bad guy. I keep asking but no one seems to be able to produce any. We can also never know how many crimes have been deterred because a would-be bad guy was looking for a soft target and spotted an OCer. It's a pointless argument because we can never know.

In my experience, OC has its place and CC has its place. For example, I won't OC when going to church (request of the pastor) or when discretion presents itself as the better part of valor (lunch meeting with a potential employer). That to me is what common sense carry means. When I OC, I choose to do so when wearing nicer clothes so as to present a professional appearance. That is my opinion and my choice. I am free to my opinion just as you are free to yours.

If you don't agree, fine. You are free to do so but don't throw around phrases like "no offense intended but...blah blah" which can only serve to try to mitigate a statement whose sole purpose is to offend.

Top Bottom