• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    I just don't think you can tell someone is illegally carrying because of how they look or where they are and I really don't believe criminals Openly Carry their illegally possessed handgun that is probably stolen in a lot of cases.

I guess you missed the post where I stated that they were known gang members, most with prior felonies... I worked very closely with many of their family members and I ran a program to help youths to avoid or get out of gangs.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess you missed the post where I stated that they were known gang members, most with prior felonies... I worked very closely with many of their family members and I ran a program to help youths to avoid or get out of gangs.

I must have missed that one. If they're known gang members & were OCing then the police could arrest them on sight, since they're known gang members. I suppose they weren't the brightest known gang members. Probably the most incarcerated gang members. I mean, isn't that like a known thief walking around town carrying a 50 inch flat screen TV?

Last edited:

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    I must have missed that one. If they're known gang members & were OCing then the police could arrest them on sight, since they're known gang members. I suppose they weren't the brightest known gang members. Probably the most incarcerated gang members. I mean, isn't that like a known thief walking around town carrying a 50 inch flat screen TV?

The police generally didn't go onto the property unless they were numbered at least 10... Even then it got kinda scary.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    back on page 110, i asked if you must carry your permits with you at all times when you carry---either CC or OC, or both at the same time......the purpose to have the papers would be to prove you are legally entitled to be armed.....one response also on page 110 was you do not have to carry your permit with you.....so if LEO just happens to stop you and inquire about your legality, having your papers will likely have you on your way promptly.....however, you don't have them, do you expect LEO to just say OK, no big deal, and let you go on your way? I expect you will be detained for some period of time until someone can confirm your status....----what do you guys think? and why wouldn't you carry your permit right with your gun when you put it on? seems like a simple solution to a potential problem..........again, thanks for this thread..learning a lot...tom

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You will be detained while they confirm the status/existence of your LTCH. I don't know of anybody that doesn't carry the LTCH as a matter of routine. Yes, it would still be a good idea to have one in your possession as well as one in multiple locations you might find yourself in need of presenting it.

The problem is that once the status of the LTCH has been confirmed, the LEO should end the interaction and let the individual go about his business. Based on INGO reporting, that's only likely to happen about 50% of the time, and in some areas far less.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think this thread should be called "Emotional Carry" not "Common Sense Carry" since so many people just react emotionally...

Indeed. There are many who seem to have never put even an ounce of actual thought or deliberation into the matter, opting rather to simply adopt the popular opinions or feelings of others as the basis of their own.

When challenged for the underlying reasoning behind their position (or their need to disparage others' positions), their attempts to justify are rarely logical and often comical.

This thread isn't even a very serious example of what I'm talking about, but once in a while, somebody livens it up even if only slightly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indeed. There are many who seem to have never put even an ounce of actual thought or deliberation into the matter, opting rather to simply adopt the popular opinions or feelings of others as the basis of their own.

When challenged for the underlying reasoning behind their position (or their need to disparage others' positions), their attempts to justify are rarely logical and often comical.

This thread isn't even a very serious example of what I'm talking about, but once in a while, somebody livens it up even if only slightly.

Religion/politics/OC-CC

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Those in uniform OC, because CC'ing in uniform would potentially make them a bigger target - i.e "an unarmed LEO"

off duty cops, detectives and plain clothes officers tend to cc, I assume for the tactical advantage.
    So... In uniform, and conceal your gun, you're the target.
    no uniform, and open carry, you're the target.
    GOT IT!

and the reason most off duty Leo conceal is because of department policy.

Top Bottom