Comparing 357 revolvers.....any input appreciated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a stainless GP100 and I love it.. I use to own a S&W 686 and of course that was awesome. But, the one I should have never gotten rid of was my S&W 629 classic pre lock... I know that's a 44 Magnum but big regrets trading it off...

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Just a word of caution if you also shoot a Glock and ride the trigger reset. Rugers don't reset on the first click. You need to let the trigger fully reset on the Rugers. Love my Gp 100 the most but I have short stroked the trigger since shooting Glocks.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Just a word of caution if you also shoot a Glock and ride the trigger reset. Rugers don't reset on the first click. You need to let the trigger fully reset on the Rugers. Love my Gp 100 the most but I have short stroked the trigger since shooting Glocks.

This is certainly worth noting, especially if you've replaced the trigger reset spring with something lighter... easy to shortstroke it (a.k.a in this case a outrunning the trigger).
    Some dry fire practice will help with this.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I prefer blue over stainless. I replaced the grips to eliminate the knuckle busting.

UdfXAhd.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    If I had no 357s and was looking today I would go with a GP100 or 686. Currently have a few Smiths in 357 but did own a 4" GP100 stainless not long after they were introduced. Probably should have kept that one. I can't see sights worth squat these days and some of my Smiths are factory drilled and tapped to allow the use of optics and I might end up with a red dot on my 686 before the smoke clears.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    If I had no 357s and was looking today I would go with a GP100 or 686. Currently have a few Smiths in 357 but did own a 4" GP100 stainless not long after they were introduced. Probably should have kept that one. I can't see sights worth squat these days and some of my Smiths are factory drilled and tapped to allow the use of optics and I might end up with a red dot on my 686 before the smoke clears.

They also make a picatinny rail for the GP100, that would allow red dots or scope if you're so inclined.
    Called the Weigatinny (or Wigatinny?) rail.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thanks hopper , did not know about that mount ! Now if I come across a good deal on a GP100 I can pick it up and easily add a red dot or scope later.

Top Bottom