• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just got mine. Not bad, and they fit normal. (I wear a medium and mine fits over my pants belt with plenty of room to spare).

Given the comments about sizing I bought various sizes. Anyone in Indy need a [STRIKE]Large or[/STRIKE] XL before I send them back? I'll do $20 FTF. Act fast because they'll get shipped back Thursday if I dont hear anything.

ETA: To clarify, you dont need to get it from me by Thursday, you just need to PM me that you want it before I ship it back. We can arrange a mutually beneficial meeting later.

Large gone. XL still up for grabs.

Last edited:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I can attest to this....
    ****ing gun feels like a jackhammer that I am trying to hold on to now that I have no ass to put behind it...can't imagine what it would be like if I shot major

Possibly moving up in bullet weight would help and maybe an intervention is needed on 165 gr bullets with that "snap" you like so much...
    Just a thought.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, once when I was complaining that my belt was too big, Coach said, "Gain some weight."

It was a solution to the problem.

I don't know where he might have heard such a comment before, either.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Midway shooters belt

I just ordered one - will try to give a brief report when I get it. Thanks for the heads up.

I received the competition belt today from Midway. Shipment took 3 days without any special cost - just standard shipping. The belt is:

Well constructed - double stitching and very generous velcro area.
    Accurately sized - read the directions where the sizes are explained. This will tell you which size to order.
    Provides sturdy support for holster, gun, and magazines.
    Very well priced - I would consider this a bargain for anyone needing a belt for competition shooting.

I have not tried it yet for an IDPA or USPA shoot - but I think it will do the job.

Drawback: I saw no ability to order just the outside belt. Having more than one would enable switching from one gun set up to another. i.e. 9mm, 40 cal, or 45 cal. This would be handy when shooting a qualifier and wanting to qualify with more than one platform.

YMMV

Disclaimer: I have not used any other type of velcro two piece competition belt system so I can't make a comparison.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As cheap as it is, just order a second?

And it should be pretty quick to remove outer belt, slide your gear off. And put the new gear on pretty quick I would think. :dunno: (Never tried it though.)

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Drawback: I saw no ability to order just the outside belt. Having more than one would enable switching from one gun set up to another. i.e. 9mm, 40 cal, or 45 cal. This would be handy when shooting a qualifier and wanting to qualify with more than one platform.
    Yeah, I've been looking for just an outer belt for two reasons: one is I want to shoot both 3-gun & USPSA eventually and I'd like to shoot USPSA without all the extra crap from 3-gun, and the other being my other outer belt is slightly too short b/c of all the crap I have on it and it's a pain to get on sometimes. Never could find a way to order just an outer belt like what I already have.

And it should be pretty quick to remove outer belt, slide your gear off. And put the new gear on pretty quick I would think.
    Some of my gear is easy to get on/off and some isn't. My outer belt is probably twice as thick as a normal belt. Bladetech Tek-locks make things easy on/off, but my holster and mag pouches (neither on Tek-locks) are really tight so they don't move during a stage.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like them. My only suggestion would be to taper the OPPOSITE end of the inner belt. Seems to make more sense to thread the NON velcro'd end so you dont snag your shirt or abrade your pants as you thread the velcro'd end through the loops. I found threading it in reverse was easier for me even though that end isnt tapered. :dunno:

I'm no expert, but for $20 its a good belt!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I got mine today and hooray! They are tapered! Should have got a medium though. They'll work much better than what I have now though. I've cut some of mine down with a hacksaw and took a butane torch to the end.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I got mine today. The inner belt works with cr speed outer belt. That makes these double duty.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The belt is well made -- should work well. Except I didn't realize you can't use it for IDPA - only USPSA (in competition that is )

The way I read the rules, some people can as long as you can pass the dowel test. (3/4" dowel between gun and your side. If it touches both you and the gun, its legal. If either side doesnt touch, its not.)

Or are you talking about the belt going through so many belt loops? I took that to mean the inner section which would be kosher. (then again, I'm far from an expert)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    The way I read the rules, some people can as long as you can pass the dowel test. (3/4" dowel between gun and your side. If it touches both you and the gun, its legal. If either side doesnt touch, its not.)

Or are you talking about the belt going through so many belt loops? I took that to mean the inner section which would be kosher. (then again, I'm far from an expert)

I haven't tried to find the "equipment" rules to determine if the belt is acceptable for IDPA. A comment was made by another shooter at Wildcat Valley that for IDPA the belt has to pass through a minimum of three belt loops. I guess that means that both the inner and outer belts must pass through the belt loops.

It's not a huge issue for me - no one considers me serious competition. I only shoot the USPSA and IDPA shoots for the fun of it and to practice shooting and gun handling skills. Although I must admit my competitive nature does make me want to get better.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, once when I was complaining that my belt was too big, Coach said, "Gain some weight."

It was a solution to the problem.

I don't know where he might have heard such a comment before, either.

He also told you that when you were complaining about shooting the big 45 1911 vs the purse 9mm one

Top Bottom