• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    If I'm not mistaken, those have a poly trigger, hammer, mag catch, and takedown pins.

My wife accidentally bought me an ATI OMNI stripped poly lower for my birthday. Between the lower, cheap LPK and buffer kit from PSA, and M4 buttstock from my parts pile, I'm in it at $140, with all metal parts!

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    A guy I worked with bought one of these and put a bushmaster upper on it and claimed it was one of the best shooting ar's he's owned. I don't know what his past collection/builds so I don't know what he is comparing it to and has since sold it. There are videos of durability test where they run the lower over with a large truck or semi and supposedly still functions.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "The complete AR15 lower is engineered using fiber reinforced composite material, more resilient to damage than aluminum..."

I'll have to see proof of that.
    The first ones I read about were cracking at the rear take-down pin ear.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Plastic junk. They have a real tendency to crack at the top of the ring where the receiver tube extension (buffer tube) screws in. Also, lots of owners have had to ream the holes or open the mag well a bit with sandpaper or dremels.

EDIT:

i hadn't heard about cracking at the rear takedown pin but it is plausible. I don't think I'd ever use this on anything other than a dedicated 22LR upper. I sure would NOT use it for a rifle I was betting my life on.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Plastic junk. They have a real tendency to crack at the top of the ring where the receiver tube extension (buffer tube) screws in. Also, lots of owners have had to ream the holes or open the mag well a bit with sandpaper or dremels.

EDIT:

i hadn't heard about cracking at the rear takedown pin but it is plausible. I don't think I'd ever use this on anything other than a dedicated 22LR upper. I sure would NOT use it for a rifle I was betting my life on.

Some folks have had broken polymer AR-15's therefore all poly lowers suck. Got it. Did they get them replaced for free?

Gun Review: New Frontier Armory LW-15 (Polymer AR Lower Receiver) | The Truth About Guns

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

Complete lower NFA is a complete warranty lower. A stripped receiver plus parts kit is different, does not come with a warranty if you say break off a trigger guard flange or something similar during the build. Not quite the same thing, but still a great deal for folks looking to assemble their own.

Price for that setup is $130, shipping to northern Indiana is $14. So $144 vs the $110 (free shipping). http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Frontier_Armory_LW_15_Complete_Poly_Lower_p/nfa-lw15blk.htm

Weight is a bit heavier too "The second cool thing about the LW-15 is that it’s incredibly light. The fully kitted-out LW-15 lower half tips the scales at 1.7 pounds, which is a half-pound lighter than a forged lower half with same buttstock."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ntier-armory-lw-15-polymer-ar-lower-receiver/

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    sounds like you've made up your mind, you're willing to take a chance on quality for a mere $34........Go for it, hope it works out for ya

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    sounds like you've made up your mind, you're willing to take a chance on quality for a mere $34........Go for it, hope it works out for ya

By chance you mean going with a lower that has a warranty vs a do it yourself no warranty lower... then yes, big chance. I'm advacating trying the poly because it is different, lightweight, and cheap. I've ran dozens of aluminum guns, its fun to play with something different once and while.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom