• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I could see it being useful on a dedicated .22 lr but still for $34 difference I'd go with the forged aluminum.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I could see it being useful on a dedicated .22 lr but still for $34 difference I'd go with the forged aluminum.

I'd go with the poly lower as its different. I've used/owned/been issued, many aluminum lower AR-15's over the years. I own a Colt 6920, a PSA build, a Stag H1, a RRA national match, I don't want another aluminum one.

This isnt going to turn into a Glock vs 1911 thread is it?

No. Glock wins... jk :koolaid:

I would also pass on plastic. For the price of a proven lower, to me its just not worth the risk.

The risk of it breaking on the range? IF it breaks, it is covered under warranty, I'm not staking my life on this rifle, I'm staking beer cans, and paper targets on it.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    There is a Co that makes a lower that has the stock and pistol grip molded in to the lower. It is called GWACS Armory. They get a $129 for there lower with out the parts kit. They get $199 for one with the lower parts kit installed.

The stock isn't adjustable but it is claimed that it is much stronger. I know it eliminates the joint between the stock and the lower. No threads and no nut. It is one pound lighter than an aluminum upper with an A-2 stock, so they claim. Yes I know that it's $80 more than the one we are talking about, but it should be much stronger than the other one. It also has a life time warranty. If it was me I would go with the one from GWACS.

Last edited:

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've been debating on picking up one also or the ati. I hold no grudges against materials used. If it were up to the mindset of the members barking aluminum only we would still be wearing suits of armor instead of Kevlar

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've had a good experience so far with New Frontier Armory's pistol product. I put 1100 rounds through it without a problem... I did discover at that point it required 3 drops of LSA to start functioning properly then... Was a bit dirty.

arpistol2625a.jpg

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    I picked up a few stripped and one assembled. The trigger group on the assembled lower is crap. The pull is pretty heavy and the break is inconsistent. I've even had a few double-fires. I promptly swapped in a RRA 2 stage and now it runs like a champ. I wouldn't be put off by the polymer construction of the lower itself, since typically I've found there isn't much stress placed on the lower receiver. I'm not sorry i bought them.

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    For the price what can it hurt to try especially with lifetime warranty... If the first one fails it may be worth it to try .22

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Just purchased one of these for $109 from joebob's and a PTAC upper from PSA for $289. I am looking forward to proving the haters wrong. Pretty tired of hearing everyone instantly dismissing this product, but then again, I could just be bull headed and have wasted $109. Going to try and get it out this weekend for the first time if the temp is above zero.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Let me know how that goes, I was looking to throw one of those exact combos together myself.

Some people are just gonna hate, justified or not. Ive heard people like this say you cant put plastic on an AR, only aluminum, then turn around and say you cant put aluminum on a 1911, only steel.
    My buddy HATES glock, calls them tupperware. He owns an M&P??????

Some people are just obtuse.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, I mean if you make one out of cheap plastic, sure, it would be garbage. But its not because its plastic, its because it wasn't made well. If this lower is made of good quality, reinforced plastic, like most polymer pistols nowadays. It will be just fine.

Like everything else, you have to be discerning, but you cant discredit an entire material just because some of it is junk. Theres a large difference between the polymer that glock uses, and melted down army men. :twocents:

Top Bottom