• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not from the video, but

“Everything good and bad about Ron Swanson exists in a very two-dimensional world that is very outside of reality,”“Everything good and bad about Ron Swanson exists in a very two-dimensional world that is very outside of reality,”

When he was first cast on the show, Offerman says he did a lot of research about the libertarian movement. “And on paper, it’s fantastic,” he says. “But in reality, it can never work. And that’s why that party has no foothold and never will.”

I come from a family of fishermen. Fishing is very important to us. We don't hunt. We're not gun folk.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/nick_offerman

I think it's fascinating that I receive attention for what people perceive to be a level of manliness or machismo, when amongst my family of farmers and paramedics and regular Americans, I'm kind of the sissy in my family.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/nick_offerman

“When unspeakable violence is enacted upon innocents, say, in a school or movie theatre, and the survivors and the families of the victims, in the throes of pain and anguish, want to ask, “Why did this happen?,” “How did this happen?,” and “What can we do to prevent this from happening again?,” and one of the areas they (still we) focus their scrutiny is that of the highly efficient weapons of warfare that are casually available to us citizens of the United States, then we frightened gun owners have the chance to be human and say, “Okay, this is a horrible tragedy. Let’s open up a conversation here.” Instead, I’m surmising, out of fear, we throw up our defenses and behave in a very confrontational way toward such a conversation , citing the Second Amendment as the ultimate protection of our rights, no matter how ridiculously murderous the firearm, which, unfortunately, makes us look like dicks.”

I come from a family of fishermen. Fishing is very important to us. We don't hunt. We're not gun folk.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/nick_offerman_493503

At the time, Offerman tweeted at the NRA and spokesperson Dana Loesch, “Our good-hearted show and especially our Leslie Knope represent the opposite of your pro-slaughter agenda - take it down and also please eat ****.” He appended an American flag emoji to his tweet.

“I get a lot of really sad, tear-filled divorces from right-wing Ron Swanson fans that don’t have much imagination,” Offerman says. While he usually doesn’t have time to “even read the scads of commentary,” he adds, when he does he finds that “closed-minded NRA fanatics will say mean things or argue why ideas like Everytown are so stupid or take that leap that we’re trying to do away with the Second Amendment, all of which is simply idiotic.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My favorite line.

I used to watch Parks & Recreation. I can only stand small parts of it now.
    And his "Swanson" character, he basically says it's a parody. He's not like that.
    In fact, he's pretty much the opposite.
    I wonder if he'd feel the same way if the government started squashing on his woodworking hobby.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well this topic took a turn I didn't anticipate.

Next up: "Why I only watch shows starring Kelsey Grammer, Tom Selleck, Tim Allen or Jon Voight."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I watch all kinds oh puppet shows. I appreciate when I do not know the puppets politics. If I agree with their politics it is OK.

There are some puppets that have made such an effort to shove their particular views down America's collective throats and those that have done egregious acts that their visage makes me sick. I would put Hanoi Jane and Cathy Griffin in this category.

I do not care for Kelsey Grammer, and Tom Selleck is OK in Cowboy movies and as Jesse Stone, but he makes me sick selling Reverse Mortgages.

I do not contribute to any of them by paying to go to their movies. I watch DVD's from the library or If I want one to keep I buy it at Disc Replay.

If I enjoy the character I do not give a care about the puppet.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm kind of appalled at how Spike was treated in this thread. He was just asking for computer expertise, but he got ran off.

Spike, if you are reading this, you can choose to delete the file or not. It won't do any harm either way.

Also, you should probably find and delete the System32 virus that may be on your computer.

:)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm kind of appalled at how Spike was treated in this thread. He was just asking for computer expertise, but he got ran off.

Spike, if you are reading this, you can choose to delete the file or not. It won't do any harm either way.

Also, you should probably find and delete the System32 virus that may be on your computer.

:)

I have "system32" on my computer too. Should I be worried?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I found her....

RzLj2wr.jpg

Rhino said:
    She seems nice

Wrong thread Rhino :stickpoke:

Top Bottom