• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdthieke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    I carry in small of my back offset towards right hip/cheek, seems to be most concealable and comfortable for me

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    After carrying AIWB for the last 8 ish years or so I can't go back to carrying on/behind the hip. Nothing compares to the accesibility, concealability and comfort of not sitting on my gun for me.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Despite my fear of having a gun pointed at my junk, I REALLY wanted to carry appendix for the quick access/easy protection aspects. I even bought a great appendix holster to make it feel as good as possible. After a month of trying to like it, I abandoned appendix and went back to 4 o'clock. I just hated having to always adjust it when getting in/out of the car and having real difficulty bending over to pick something up. I'm not skinny but not fat. I just could not get appendix to work fo rme. So I am back to the way I have always trained.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Despite my fear of having a gun pointed at my junk, I REALLY wanted to carry appendix for the quick access/easy protection aspects. I even bought a great appendix holster to make it feel as good as possible. After a month of trying to like it, I abandoned appendix and went back to 4 o'clock. I just hated having to always adjust it when getting in/out of the car and having real difficulty bending over to pick something up. I'm not skinny but not fat. I just could not get appendix to work fo rme. So I am back to the way I have always trained.

Have had friends go through the same exact experience. Muzzle pads could help with the bending over aspect, and infinitely adjustable belts or those with ratcheting systems like the Kore company belts definitely help when you need to make those adjustments. But ultimately, ACC here outlines a very legitimate problem many people have with appendix carry: it's more finnicky and harder to get used to than hip carry.

Top Bottom