Concealed carry or open carry, what is your preference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

sloaba01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I usually CC because I like people not knowing that I am carrying. The element of suprise and all. OC just opens a person up to possible attack I think. If we get into a fight, CC or OC there is always at least one gun in the fight and we bring it. Just be careful out there.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I voted concealed, I have no problem for people who open carry, and I myself have done it a few times during the summer when the clothes I am wearing makes it next to impossible to conceal it.

But I prefer to carry concealed just because I don't want people to know that I have one in case they tried to grab it or something if they did have illegal thoughts going through their head.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I prefer open carry because it is more comfortable. That said I usually CC because I have not bought an OC holster with retention. I am planning on buying a Blackhawk Serpa with Lvl III retention.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Concealed 99% of the time. Usually IWB, sometimes in a OWB pancake or Askins type with retention.

I see more advantage to CC then OC. I do rarely carry OC; e.g. when mowing the lawn(s) in very hot weather. I would also carry OC for a 2nd Amendment walk or other function.

Top Bottom