• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I'm glad to see some residents there have some stones to make a stand! The sheeple line of folk's that stood inline in the cold a couple of months ago to give up their Constitutional Rights should be ashamed of themselves...

Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ?Civil Disobedience? by Gun Owners | TheBlaze.com

"At roughly 50,000 applications, officials estimate that as little as 15 percent of the covered semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state. “No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000,” the report states.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy in the state Office of Policy and Management, also suggested that the legislature should reopen the registration period to encourage more gun owners to register their firearms.[/QUOTE]
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh......Riighhhtttttttttttttt! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I saw this recently as well. I dare say (and hope) it's a massive FLOP, good for those who decided not to participate. Not sure I'd go so far as to call it "civil disobedience", but I like that they're putting some dirt in the eyes of the political machine out there. November is just around the corner, so really, what are the elected really going to do to enforce this?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like it's your move Conn. officials. What'cha gonna do now?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Mike Lawlor, “the state’s top official in criminal justice,” suggested maybe the firearms unit in Connecticut could “sent them a letter.” However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point.

How could they "send them a letter" ????? Have they had "Registration Logs", for a while ?????

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny this infringement coming from the state that calls itself "The Constitution State".

Glad to see people taking a stand.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”"

Typical politician that doesn't care about or pay attention to what his constituents think.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”"

Typical politician that doesn't care about or pay attention to what his constituents think.
    Well this should send a powerful message to him about how serious an issue this is to all those that are taking on the risk of being charged with a felony.

Are the officials willing to take it that far? Are they willing to turn otherwise productive citizens of the state into felons and everything that decision would entail?

The nation is watching carefully Conn.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well this should send a powerful message to him about how serious an issue this is to all those that are taking on the risk of being charged with a felony.

Are the officials willing to take it that far? Are they willing to turn otherwise productive citizens of the state into felons and everything that decision would entail?

The nation is watching carefully Conn.

I am somewhat surprised only 15% have registered. I agree, it will be interesting to see how this plays out from here.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    To be fair, I think there are plenty of like-minded, 2A-believing people in states who are oppressed by their mega-city politicians. My wife's family lives in IL, and I've heard them complain more often than not about how Chicago screws it up for the rest of their state.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    To be fair, I think there are plenty of like-minded, 2A-believing people in states who are oppressed by their mega-city politicians. My wife's family lives in IL, and I've heard them complain more often than not about how Chicago screws it up for the rest of their state.

I know plenty of potential felons in Illinois. They just happen to be law abiding citizens and haven't been busted by the powers that be

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I know plenty of potential felons in Illinois. They just happen to be law abiding citizens and haven't been busted by the powers that be
    The sad part is that one has to go out of their way and put effort into not being a felon these days. It used to be you just didn't do bad things [no robbing, stealing, killing, attacking, etc] and you were not a criminal.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    very true. i have always wondered if the north west part of our state is like that being so close to Chicago. i am sure there are lots of Illicagos up there wishing Indiana was more like there blessed home state. thanks that the majority of Hoosier will always stand true to their state.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am somewhat surprised only 15% have registered. I agree, it will be interesting to see how this plays out from here.

I too am surprised it was that low. If MA did it ( well we have a defacto type regisitry like MI already...) There woould be over 75% compliance. There would be people who refused west of Worcester.
    Good for the citizens of CT. Also interesteing what some upstate NY sherrifs ad DA's have done in refusing to enforce or prosecute

Top Bottom