• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I really wanna feel for gun owners in Connecticut, but I wonder how many off them got off their fat asses and called their legislators when the bill was being debated. If they had been involved when the time was appropriate, they wouldn't be felons now (and unjustly or not, they ARE felons). We keep saying that "this is a wake up call for the politicians", but somehow it's not a wake up call for the voters.

You know I'm on board with contacting reps, but what about those who contacted and weren't listened to? It's not always the people, but a lot of times, the politician making choices of what they want.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I like the whole non-compliance thing. I wonder if it would happen if there was such a law nation wide. Only time will tell.

There is already a nationwide law. Can you own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16 inches without registration and $200 tax?

Never happen fortunately as I don't think congress has enough member that would support national registration.

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    There is already a nationwide law. Can you own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16 inches without registration and $200 tax?

Never happen fortunately as I don't think congress has enough member that would support national registration.

I think that would be a little different. I understand what you are saying but I think the a lot has changed since the NFA was passed. I think that a lot more people were worried about feeding their families than they were about their gun rights. I also think that gun ownership was not as threatened as it is today. Thus, no need for firearms PAC's and lobbying groups. There is also a constant flow of communication that was not present back then.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Civil disobedience is what made this country in the first place. Connecticut's deal is small potatoes though. If you really want an act of civil disobedience that will bring the US government to it's knees, a country wide income tax boycott would do the trick.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list | Call the Cops

...Just over 68% of Connecticut cops had failed to register firearms according to the new law.

If the cops aren't in compliance with the law, who will then enforce the law? Are they really going to fire over half of the police force in the entire state then hire and retrain new recruits?

No they won't! As you see, the whole shebang is unpopular by quite a few people...

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    I believe that report is a satire.
    Uh yeah. About Us | Call the Cops
    This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact.

"Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”"

Typical politician that doesn't care about or pay attention to what his constituents think.
    Truth. Then again, most politicians seek out echo chambers and assume more people think like them then actually do.

Top Bottom