• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have two carry pistols, a CZ P01, which I love, and a Kel Tec PF9.

I like the CZ, but it's just not always practical to carry, and it's on the heavy side.
    The Kel Tec is concealable, but I just don't shoot it all that well.

I'm looking for something lighter that I feel more confident with. For carry, I like thin, light, decent capacity, and short height. To me, it's easy to carry a longer barrel length, but what prints is the grip height and thickness.

I've never been a Glock fan, just don't like the way they look or feel, but I've shot a 26 and I shoot it surprisingly well.

I used to have a Taurus Millenium Pro, and that wasn't bad, but the Glock has a shorter grip.

Thoughts and advice?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Glocks are easy guns to get to like, boringly dependable, accurate and easy to use. I have a 26, among the other ones, but on Glock Carry Days, I prefer the 19 in an IWB holster. It carries well, isn't that heavy and gives quite a bit of self-defense (even though it's only a 9mm ;)) Beware though, Glocks are easy to get hooked on. Best of luck in your quest and safe shooting!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have a G19 and a G26. Most days, the G26 gets carried in the pocket in a Desantis Nemesis holster and most people don't know I'm carrying, except for those that I've told in the past. The G19 stays home unless I am going to the range or OC'ing.

If you shoot the G26 accurately and it's that concealable, what's not to like?

Not to mention the reloads with G19 or G17 magazines.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    My EDC is a 23, but I have a 27 too (the .40 version of the G26). I like the weapon, but don't carry it that much except in an ankle holster because the 23 (.40 version of the G19) carries so well and I like the grip feel a little better. I'm with John that there's a lot to like about Glocks. As much of that comes from what they 'aren't' as from what they are.

To me a carry weapon should be all about what you are most comfortable with, what hides well on your body and what you shoot well. If this satisfies those requirements, go for it. I can't imagine a time you would regret the purchase.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    After 15+ years of daily carry with a 1911 (Colts, Kimbers, RIA's), this year I switched to a Glock 26. I'd tried smaller .45's and 9mm's from time to time but always went back to the 1911. With the rising cost of ammo, and the added capacity in 9mm's, I settled on the G26.
    I've owned and shot a lot of G17's and G19's so I was familiar with the Glock platform. For carry, I use a Tagua belt-slide or a DeSantis pancake and it's a breeze to conceal and very comfortable. It's small enough to fit nicely in the front pocket of cargo pants too. My normal carry load is 12 rds of Hornady Critical defense in a G26 mag with extension and two G19 mags loaded the same. It's lightweight, accurate and easy to carry; what's not to like?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My EDC is a 27, cant go wrong with any of the sub-compact glocks. I also HIGHLY suggest xs big dot sights.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I have a Glock 26 and am saving up to switch to a Glock 23. I used to have a 19 and must say the compact models (19/23) are the most versatile Glocks. Good for concealed carry, comfortable and comes with everything that the Glock name stands for. I originally carried the Glock 26 as-is. Eventually I put extended base plates for added security in the grip and a +2 on ammo count. Now I am ready for the compact again.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    one question for the OP, did ya fire the G26 with or without a mag extension for your pinky to rest on? If you're more comfortable (accurate) with the mag extension, you might consider getting a G19 instead of the G26. With a mag extension, the grip length is the same as a G19, but the G19 gives you a half inch longer barrel (slightly higher velocity and accuracy) plus 5 more rounds in the magazine. I was never a Glock fan either, but I went through the same process of choosing a new EDC pistol a few months ago, and I decided to try the G19. I'm not a large guy at 6'-1" and 190#, but the G19 hides very easily on me, is very comfortable to carry all day, and it is very accurate for it's size.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I agree completely with the 26 or 27. I have the 27 and it is plenty accurate. It isn't that hard to shoot and it disappears on the ankle. A lot of days I carry the 27 in an ankle holster then switch to a belt or Blackhawk Serpa for easier access.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've carried a Glock 26 for some time now and truly like the set up that I have. When I put the G26 in my IWB holster it virtually disappears.

If you didn't know what you were looking for could you tell?

100_3939.jpg

I promise it was there in the picture above. See.

100_3938.jpg

The custom made IWB holster that INGO member localone made for me keeps the G26 snug against your body, so the grip doesn't print. Yet it is very comfortable.

100_3944.jpg

Again, you'd never know it was there if you didn't know what to look for.

100_3941.jpg

Even bending over doesn't print much and I have the pinky extensions on my mags.

100_3940.jpg

I really don't think you can go wrong with a G26. Mine has proven to be very reliable and accurate. I also carry it in a Desanti slide holster on my hip that I can move around to about a 4 or 5 o'clock position or slide it forward to a 3 o'clock position when I am OC or loosely CC.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    THIS

glocks are boring, reliable, simple and look decent...i always come back to them....i only wish i could pocket carry...i usually do but not with one in the chamber...the simplicity is not great for people with kids if you plan to leave one in the chamber....i carry one either in my pocket israeli style or in a level 2 serpa holster.....i dont like carrying a glock in a iwb holster as this just seems to insecure for me....my next purchase will be a walther ppk for pocket carry that way i can carry one in the chamber ....much easier to present in a defensive situation
    Glocks are easy guns to get to like, boringly dependable, accurate and easy to use. I have a 26, among the other ones, but on Glock Carry Days, I prefer the 19 in an IWB holster. It carries well, isn't that heavy and gives quite a bit of self-defense (even though it's only a 9mm ;)) Beware though, Glocks are easy to get hooked on. Best of luck in your quest and safe shooting!

Top Bottom