• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    If you can get past the color, the function, the wider grip, and the name, what's not to like about Glock? Any of the compact or sub-compacts would be great choices for your application, and the 9mm fits the criteria for least expensive ammo.

I've got a G27 and, while I open carry 90% of the time (Blackhawk Serpa), it does very well in an ankle holster or a Crossbreed Supertuck (when I'm feeling slim :D). Though, the 19 and 23 do have a longer sight radius and larger capacity standard mags, the 26/27 don't seem to suffer from a shorter barrel length and, as has been mentioned previously, accept mags from other Glock pistols of the same caliber.

I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the four choices that have been mentioned here. Let us know what you end up with!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My EDC is a G27 and I love it. Very easy to carry all day and a nice shooter.

You mentioned you wanted something thin in the OP. While the 27 is easy to carry for me, some do feel that the Glock grip is too thick for them. My suggestion is don't rush and look around a bit to do your best to find the handgun that will work best for you. Have you ever looked at any of the Kahr line of pistols? They have some pretty thin grips on their handguns and are nice shooters as well.
    Just my :twocents: Don't want to see you spend your hard earned money on a handgun just to find out that it isn't quite the right fit you were wanting. Also a good belt and holster makes a world of a difference.
    I am not in any way saying don't get the 26, I think it is a great gun and is an excellent choice, but there are so many options out there.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Could someone who owns a P01 and a Glock 26 measure grip width for me? There's rep in it for you.

I don't have a P01 but the width of the G26 is 1.18 inches wide or 30.00 mm. Here are the other measurements if you need them. The height is 4.17 inches or 106 mm and the length is 6.29 inches or 160 mm. Those measurements are without the pinky extension on the magazine.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    seriously????

I have a G19 and a G26. Most days, the G26 gets carried in the pocket in a Desantis Nemesis holster and most people don't know I'm carrying, except for those that I've told in the past. The G19 stays home unless I am going to the range or OC'ing.

If you shoot the G26 accurately and it's that concealable, what's not to like?

Not to mention the reloads with G19 or G17 magazines.

I can't imagine how a 26 fits in a pocket without printing like crazy. Is this really something that people do?

Rayne, awesome pix of your carry set up. Thanks for sharing. I want to see pix of a 26 in someone's pocket if there are any out there??????

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I tried pocket carry with my 27... it works easily in cargo khaki shorts and coats. Anything else fails pretty hard (I.e. jeans). I dont wear "girl pants" but i do wear slim jeans and am skinny as it is. Printing isnt TERRIBLE in jeans, especially considering the size of phone I (and others) carry around (droid x)... but its not on my top 3 methods of carry.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    A Glock 26 (or any Glock) does not qualify as thin. If you want thin, get a Kahr.

That being said, if you want a Glock, the G19 is a much better choice. It will be closer in size to your CZ but a bit lighter and have similar magazine capacity. My experience was that a G19 was about 97% as concealable as G26.

Disclosure: I carry a Kahr after getting rid of my Glocks. Search my post history for all about why I did so.

Last edited:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Glock 26 was my first gun. Carried it for years and love the extra cap mags you can get for it. You wont regret buying it, but it isnt the thinest gun out there either. I carry a kahr pm45 currently which I like because of its thinner profile and lighter wieght. However kahrs have have a smaller capacity mag (single stack mags for thin profile). But if you shoot well with and are more comfortable with the glock im sure you would like it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Glock 26 was my first gun. Carried it for years and love the extra cap mags you can get for it. You wont regret buying it, but it isnt the thinest gun out there either. I carry a kahr pm45 currently which I like because of its thinner profile and lighter wieght. However kahrs have have a smaller capacity mag (single stack mags for thin profile). But if you shoot well with and are more comfortable with the glock im sure you would like it.

A Glock 26 (or any Glock) does not qualify as thin. If you want thin, get a Kahr.

That being said, if you want a Glock, the G19 is a much better choice. It will be closer in size to your CZ but a bit lighter and have similar magazine capacity. My experience was that a G19 was about 97% as concealable as G26.

Disclosure: I carry a Kahr after getting rid of my Glocks. Search my post history for all about why I did so.
    I like my cw40 a lot. It's accurate, and disappears nicely. :twocents:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    my glock 27 is my EDC. Love it, the 26 is a great choice as well. Just a matter of preference on the round. The weapon it self is the same (kinda) it conceals very easily.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I like the G26, but its too thick for pocket carry, and for me, theres only 2 kinds of carry guns, one you can carry in a pocket, and one that requires a belt or IWB holster. I wont go under 9mm. Again, thats just for me. If you are going to carry in a belt holster or IWB, you might as well get a G19, if thats what you like, or an M&P9c which is what I did. I have a Kahr PM9 I carry in a Stoner back pocket holster, or a Renegade ankle holster, and a 9C which I carry IWB in a Comptac, or a Raven with the Insight light/laser attached. 2 pistols, 1 caliber and 4 holsters and Im good in every situation

twoface22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    You can not go wrong with a Glock. I carry a 23 in a Uncle Mike"s Holster for my ccw and it has always been easily concealable and an overall joy to carry

Top Bottom