• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The trigger isn't good, but not as bad as all that.
    Sometimes things surprise you... the trigger on the H&K DA/SA. I figured they would be as nice as the Classic Sigs that I have... I was startled how bad the trigger was.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The trigger isn't good, but not as bad as all that.
    Sometimes things surprise you... the trigger on the H&K DA/SA. I figured they would be as nice as the Classic Sigs that I have... I was startled how bad the trigger was.

H&K DA/SA triggers are pretty bad but with the right mainspring and about a 100.00 in grayguns parts they can get better but still fairly meh.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I know a guy that knows a guy that has a real Nazi HP (no tangent sight, but one of the nicest examples I've ever seen). Allegedly once traded for a half of a Hershey bar with a group of French children on a soldiers way back to port at the end of the war. Will post a photo in a little bit if I can get away from the computer and all the way over to my vault :D

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yeah, the standard milspec sights on the P35 are incredibly small.

There are definitely ways to address that, however, but it ain't gonna be all that inexpensive.

IIRC the old Meprolight (dunno if changed) front sight just pinned onto the orig blade. Rear was replace dovetail.
    Think regulated for 147 gr load. So decent sight swap, w no need for dovetail cut up front.

One can just widen the rear notch and possibly get some improvement w factory old style fixed sights.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm thinking about getting a FN Browning Hi-Power, but I don't know a lot about the gun--the appeal is primarily it's historicity. Anyone have any strong feelings they want to share about the gun?

When considering Browning HP, the only correct answer is ​YES!!!

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    I know a guy that knows a guy that has a real Nazi HP (no tangent sight, but one of the nicest examples I've ever seen). Allegedly once traded for a half of a Hershey bar with a group of French children on a soldiers way back to port at the end of the war. Will post a photo in a little bit if I can get away from the computer and all the way over to my vault :D
    This is honestly what I want, or a Canadian WWII era, but I don't think I can drop that kind of coin.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This is honestly what I want, or a Canadian WWII era, but I don't think I can drop that kind of coin.

I'd love an Englis. With the wooden butt stock holster.

I've been out of the HP game for several years now... But I remember them fondly. Both the FM and the FN I used to own were incredibly accurate. Such soft shooting guns.

Also for the FM owners: There are 2 slide lengths to those guns. 5" and a 4" detective model. It was the G45/19x before they existed!

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I've had an all Belgium HP for over 20 years. Don't plan on getting rid of it either. One of the guns I can pick up, point naturally, and know that I can hit what I aim at!

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Nazi

Here she is...not bad for being traded for a half of a Hershey bar.

I’ll be cooking up some ***** cat cast nuggets coated in Hi-Tek for her to keep myself busy in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      955.3 KB · Views: 10
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      734.5 KB · Views: 10
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      949.6 KB · Views: 11
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      593.7 KB · Views: 10
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      565.2 KB · Views: 10
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      642.1 KB · Views: 9

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Here she is...not bad for being traded for a half of a Hershey bar.

I’ll be cooking up some ***** cat cast nuggets coated in Hi-Tek for her to keep myself busy in the next couple of weeks.
    Beautiful!
    I know this is a weird question, but do you always wear gloves when you handle it? And is it just to prevent it from getting moisture from your skin?

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    LoL...no. I was in my solvent tank a few minutes prior cleaning some cosmoline off an overpriced Jap SKS I stupidly bought about a year ago.

The bluing on the Nazi is about as nice as I've seen, and it's been there almost 80 years. I don't think there's much I could do to it with my fingerprints :D

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    LoL...no. I was in my solvent tank a few minutes prior cleaning some cosmoline off an overpriced Jap SKS I stupidly bought about a year ago.

The bluing on the Nazi is about as nice as I've seen, and it's been there almost 80 years. I don't think there's much I could do to it with my fingerprints :D

Wait. You have a Japanese SKS? That also needs a thread.

Also folks: There's an exquisite FN P35 in the classifieds right now.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I've had three Hi Powers over the years, but now have only a plain jane MK III, which I really like. It's a shame they have been discontinued.

Carries extremely well for a full size gun, just as well for me as a 1911.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's a nice one, but I couldn't pay 1K for it only because I know when FN brought that last batch in we were selling them for 4-450.00 lol.

That's what happens when something is no longer sold on the open market.

Even when they were brand new - a gun like that would've been $800 or so.

Top Bottom