• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How does one obtain coyote urine? In the past, a fake restroom in the woods with a silhouette of a coyote might work, but with all the transgender restroom equality I'd think you'd get a mix of urine from rabbits, deer, and other animals who claim to be coyote...

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I zip tied a pork chop to the back of the live trap. I put the trap in the corner at a 45* with the back facing the corner. It was in there the next day.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    For my live traps, I use bird food. Those a-holes always rip down my bird feeder and throw it out in the woods. The stupid neighbor cats won't eat the bird food and I haven't caught anything but coons with it. Most it took was two nights. Put a little cup full of it back in there and wait. I just use the plain old birdseed mix. They don't go after the black oil sunflower seeds at all.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Snare on the entrance and cat food outside the door. Cats won't go in, and coon will come out.

Fyi, 177 pellet gun is not immediate but slows them down enough to use blunt force as a finishing move.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I set up a one-way door on a garage one time for a raccoon when we found where it was getting in. It was basically a piece of metal made into a flapper door that only opened by the raccoon pushing out. Once he got out, the door couldn't be opened from the outside.

And, if the raccoon has eaten the bait and not sprung the trap, are you sure that you have the trigger set right? A lot of live traps have a trigger that you have to mess with it so that it goes off with the right touch on the pan.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    can you make the crawl space exit only?? Had a issue once like that and made a door that it could push open but not get back in. I used a magnetic latch ... or fire. They dont taste like chicken..:rolleyes: Good luck and hope you get it out soon. WOW scooped by 1 minute...

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Another thing you can use is male coon urine if it is a mother with babies. She will move them out of fear the male will kill the young so he can breed her again. Good luck finding the male coon urine though, the professionals keep a tight secret on where to get it from....only way I have found is to trap some coons and sex them, keep the male one and put it in the cage and set it on a tarp or in a small swimming pool....let him pee then collect it up. You can buy coon urine but no way of knowing sex it came from.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You have a trap smart raccoon. Set a mouse trap in the cage trap, when it goes off it will startle the raccoon making it move enough to set the cage trap off. Leave the raccoon in the trap for at least 24 hours next to where it is entering your crawlspace as it's probably a female with young already. They will crawl away from where they are back to mom and you can collect them all, otherwise you will have several dead young raccoons stinking up the house later.

Top Bottom