Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Frank's on the left.
    gay-police2.jpg
    If frank is on the left, Then who is on the right ???:dunno:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ...to do an inspection on my new sailboat. It's a YFlyer, pretty nice boat. Anyways, I'm open-carrying as usual and the officer does his thing with the boat and then turns to me and says "How about next time an officer comes out to your house, you leave the pistol in the house." I tell him that "With all due respect sir, I am on private property." Then he says that he understands that, but "Someone carrying a gun makes an officer nervous." I told him thank you for the advice and have a nice day.

I'm saddened that the public and officers are so nervous at the idea of law-abiding people carrying. He was very professional, so no complaints there. He was simply offering his opinion.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this sad view that people have of gun owners?

well cops carrying a gun and me not makes me nervous? why should they be allowed and us not?

jake

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You bet I look around to see what people are doing and saying on other site. I could care less about what anyone says or thinks about me...not even a little bit.

And no I don't think this board should be a LEO love fest as you call it. But it does get annoying when it is always the same very select few that feels the need to make daily threads and posts that are clearly anti LEO. Something I do think is that many if not most of those select are either criminals that got busted, someone who wants to get into the LE profession and cannot or a combination of both. They live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on LE as a whole. It is more than obvious.

Kinda like how some LEOs on Officer.com "live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on [gunowners, especially OCers] as a whole. It is more than obvious." ?

:dunno:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Kinda like how some LEOs on Officer.com "live their life to surf the web to find any and all things that cast a bad light on [gunowners, especially OCers] as a whole. It is more than obvious." ?

:dunno:

I suppose some of those do exist. As far a LEO's are concerned most are trained with the mindset that never OC when off duty. Honestly if a person wants to OC knock yourself out. I could care less. But don't get in a tiff when someone calls in on them or LE is dispatched on a run concerning them. When I am off duty you will never see my weapons unless I feel the need for you to. I just think it is good common sense. But to each his own.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I suppose some of those do exist. As far a LEO's are concerned most are trained with the mindset that never OC when off duty. Honestly if a person wants to OC knock yourself out. I could care less. But don't get in a tiff when someone calls in on them or LE is dispatched on a run concerning them. When I am off duty you will never see my weapons unless I feel the need for you to. I just think it is good common sense. But to each his own.

I agree totally. I do not want to draw attention to myself. If something around me happens I will be armed but my family comes first. I will react but I will also be a good witness. Most of the time my own family doesn't know I have a weapon on me.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Officers are nervous because 38 of them have been murdered so far this year by gunfire.
    He didn't know you personally and had no way of knowing if you were a decent guy, or someone who called an LEO to his house with the intention of ambushing him.
    (Yup, that's happened this year.)
    Sounds like he was professional, and courteous, and you acted politely and without provocation. :yesway:
    Still not a good reason to treat everyone who is carrying like a suspect. No need for a personal opinion on how to carry when there is no law being broken. If I am not breaking the law, it is none of the LEOs business.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Same here. They don't trust me with the tin ones. They have that sharp point on the back that gets me in trouble.
    That's why they quit using the tin star badges cuz you could throw those like ninjas :laugh:

Top Bottom