• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I was watching an episode of every firefights favorite comedy show and almost stroked out from the level of fail from these two cops..

Situation: prostitution sting in Las Vegas

Gal cop entices fellers into her motel room from the street. Then she says lock the door behind you, I'm going to go fresh'n up. Out from the bathroom appear two cops in tactical khaki shorts and yellow police marked t shirts. After Leo #1 is done pointing his gun at the perp he puts his pistol down the front of his pants holsterless!?! LEO#2 cuffs the perp with his pistol in his pocket...holsterless!?!

In walks vice cop and lectures the men on irresponsible behavior with street whores, telling them it like playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun :rolleyes:

Disclaimer : this is not a representation of all law enforcement officers especially those in the Greater Indianapolis area :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'd be more concerned with the douche bag pointing a gun at a nonviolent "offender" than him putting it down his pants. If we were lucky, the gun would have gone off and cleaned the gene pool a bit.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be more concerned with the douche bag pointing a gun at a nonviolent "offender" than him putting it down his pants. If we were lucky, the gun would have gone off and cleaned the gene pool a bit.

1st This wasn't two Police Officers walking up to a random guy on the street. It was an sting/investigation. The suspect knew he was trying to participate in as of right now an illegal act.

2nd When faced with being arrested when they are caught in the act even non violent suspects tend to become violent!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    1st This wasn't two Police Officers walking up to a random guy on the street. It was an sting/investigation. The suspect knew he was trying to participate in as of right now an illegal act.

2nd When faced with being arrested when they are caught in the act even non violent suspects tend to become violent!

Having not see the video or read transcripts, what did the suspect know he was trying to participate in? Obviously he thought he was going to get laid, but there is not specific mention of payment. One also wonders if the local PD had a shortage of criminals who were guilty of harming anyone other than themselves )(or indirectly their families).

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Having not see the video or read transcripts, what did the suspect know he was trying to participate in? Obviously he thought he was going to get laid, but there is not specific mention of payment. One also wonders if the local PD had a shortage of criminals who were guilty of harming anyone other than themselves )(or indirectly their families).

I was pointing out that the suspect was in violation of the law and was there on his own which thats the Officers call wether to approch an arrest at gun point.

None of us knows if a more violent crime or shortage of criminals was occuring at the exact moment the suspected "John" was arrested by the undercover and two other cops however, Most PD's will not commit Officers to a sting unless they have enough Officers to keep on patrol for other calls/proactive work. As for who and when someone gets arrested. Thats the Officers discretion on making an arrest when they witness it. I'm pretty sure the Officers would have droped what they were doing if a "violent" crime happened within close proximity to them.

So by your example (and some others opinions here) These kinds of arrests or even traffic stops shouldn't be conducted because even though against the law (traffic citations in most cases are an infraction) who are they hurting righ! The law is the law in my eyes and agree with it or not if you are on the wrong side of it and get called on it thats on you. JMHO

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was pointing out that the suspect was in violation of the law and was there on his own which thats the Officers call wether to approch an arrest at gun point.

None of us knows if a more violent crime or shortage of criminals was occuring at the exact moment the suspected "John" was arrested by the undercover and two other cops however, Most PD's will not commit Officers to a sting unless they have enough Officers to keep on patrol for other calls/proactive work. As for who and when someone gets arrested. Thats the Officers discretion on making an arrest when they witness it. I'm pretty sure the Officers would have droped what they were doing if a "violent" crime happened within close proximity to them.

So by your example (and some others opinions here) These kinds of arrests or even traffic stops shouldn't be conducted because even though against the law (traffic citations in most cases are an infraction) who are they hurting righ! The law is the law in my eyes and agree with it or not if you are on the wrong side of it and get called on it thats on you. JMHO

And when guns are banned, you'll turn yours in?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wait, I thought prostitution was legal in Vegas???

At least it appeared to be legal, publicly promoted, and encouraged when I was there.... :dunno:

Silly CB19, selling sex is only legal where our .gov tells us it is. Only in a small portion of NV is it OK. Step one foot outside of that line and you are going to jail.

Da law iz da law.

REALLY! We are not even talking about that but spin away!

Actually, we are...are you able to grasp the concept of "grand scheme?"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You completely evaded my primary point. From the information available, we established that he expected to engage in sexual activity. It was not established whether or not he anticipated paying for it, which is significant considering that for some strange reason adultery and fornication are legal simultaneously with prostitution being illegal with the single difference being the transfer of some form of payment. Now, if there were any sane reason for prostitution being illegal, then why are the other two not illegal? Back to the original point, it was not established whether our 'suspect' was anticipating having to pay or was anticipating getting 'serviced' gratis.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    the reason people think prostitution is legal in las vegas is because right across the city border in an unincorportated county it is legal and it happens to be right next to LV

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

The suspect was caught verbalizing an agreement of payment for a sexual act and reconfirmed his decision by following the woman down the street, around the corner, down the length of the motel, into her room.

The reasonable person standard.... it does stand up in court ;)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The suspect was caught verbalizing an agreement of payment for a sexual act and reconfirmed his decision by following the woman down the street, around the corner, down the length of the motel, into her room.

The reasonable person standard.... it does stand up in court ;)

OK, that settles it--he was caught without any plausible argument to the contrary.

Top Bottom