• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Get the eGo. I have a blower, push mower, string trimmer, multi-head system with trimmer, tiller, and edger, and chain saw. They are all awesome. You get a couple of devices with batteries, then buy the others without, which makes them a little cheaper. I have two 5ah and two 2.5ah batteries. I never run out of battery. The quick charger will charge a battery in about the time it takes to drain one using it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Get the eGo. I have a blower, push mower, string trimmer, multi-head system with trimmer, tiller, and edger, and chain saw. They are all awesome. You get a couple of devices with batteries, then buy the others without, which makes them a little cheaper. I have two 5ah and two 2.5ah batteries. I never run out of battery. The quick charger will charge a battery in about the time it takes to drain one using it.

Yep, may have to go that way. Was wanting to purchase from Lowes for a few reasons, including the GC I have (which I can of course spend on something else) but also for other purposes. May have to wait a bit to see when exactly the EGOs show up at Lowes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep, may have to go that way. Was wanting to purchase from Lowes for a few reasons, including the GC I have (which I can of course spend on something else) but also for other purposes. May have to wait a bit to see when exactly the EGOs show up at Lowes.
    Looks like they already have. The store up here in Merrillville shows two in stock

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Another vote for EGO. I don't have the blower (I have an old gas one that works fine), but I have had the string trimmer for 3 years and it is easily the equal of any gas trimmer I have used. The stuff seems well built.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Another vote for EGO. I don't have the blower (I have an old gas one that works fine), but I have had the string trimmer for 3 years and it is easily the equal of any gas trimmer I have used. The stuff seems well built.
    I just bought a new string trimmer from them with the powerload. As I am getting older and lazier, the idea of the thing loading the string with the push of a button is really appealing. I will be giving my used one to my brother as a gift. It still works great, and is also about three years old.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have this one: https://egopowerplus.com/blower-650cfm/

Been very happy with it. For "in-town" yards it is perfect. Works as well as my old gas powered Stihl and the battery last through several uses.

An unexpected bonus is that without the exhaust smell and pull to start of the gas one, my wife has taken to using it most everyday on the deck, sidewalks and porch. I call that WINNING!

Just ordered the EGO https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-Power-...ctric-Leaf-Blower-Battery-Included/1003130708 from Lowes for pickup.

Thanks for all the info folks. Really appreciate all the info and turning me on to the fact that Lowes was getting the EGO's, so I waited and got it.

Love the power of INGO.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Let us know how it works out. My Makita 2x18V is killer. Wouldn't ever have imagined that kind of power and endurance in a battery tool. If it's even half the blower of my Makita, it's more than you usually need.

jh

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Let us know how it works out. My Makita 2x18V is killer. Wouldn't ever have imagined that kind of power and endurance in a battery tool. If it's even half the blower of my Makita, it's more than you usually need.

jh

Plugged in the battery and the charger sounds like it has a fan in it. My current weed whacker batteries on the bench probably want to crawl under the bench in fear after seeing the size of the Ego battery.

Will give it a go tomorrow. I expect to eventually get a string trimmer and a hedge trimmer. Will also be looking to order a strap for the blower online.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you have trouble finding something, I've gotten a couple of my items from this website. They've been good to deal with. I ordered my newest string trimmer Wednesday. It shipped same day and got here today.
    https://www.rcpw.com

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Plugged in the battery and the charger sounds like it has a fan in it. My current weed whacker batteries on the bench probably want to crawl under the bench in fear after seeing the size of the Ego battery.

Will give it a go tomorrow. I expect to eventually get a string trimmer and a hedge trimmer. Will also be looking to order a strap for the blower online.

Trimmer is next on my list but after my current gas one dies. Right now, we pay to have yard work done but we still use our eGO several times a week.

Living on a small in town lot; I’ll never have gas powered stuff again.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Trimmer is next on my list but after my current gas one dies. Right now, we pay to have yard work done but we still use our eGO several times a week.

Living on a small in town lot; I’ll never have gas powered stuff again.

Agreed. Long ago I went to battery for the string trimmer (even on a corner lot in the previous house, where I had a long fence line as well, etc and also used it to edge). I just made sure it shared batteries with my drill and had a few batteries and could knock it all out. So much easier for my needs.

Tried out the EGO blower this morning, and it was easily able to handle gutters, driveway, sidewalks as well as my big deck... Not sure why I purpled that, as it did handle it, and my deck is big.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Funny thing: Got the email today that Lowes & EGO are now "together". Glad I posted on INGO and got the information in advance to save me some regret on a purchase of another brand.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Glad you found the right blower at the right price for that big deck.

pence.gif

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is the exact combo I have been looking at, getting ready to pull the trigger on it, but might buy it from Home Depot because of my need for a new zero turn mower. Also thinking of getting a spare battery with the "fuel" meter built in to let me know how much juice I have left.
    I suggest looking hard at whether to buy a spare battery. I found them to be very pricey. What I did was buy another tool with a battery, which was generally $50 or less than buying just the battery. Once I had enough batteries, I bought things without batteries.

Top Bottom