Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    INGO SJW’s please take a moment to determine the racist/non-racist bent on each of these new China Flu names:

1. Hong Kong Fluey
    2. Flu Manchu
    3. Ghengis Cough
    4. Sicken Fried Rice
    5. Pu Pu Pandemic

Please advise on which is least rayciss.

you forgot one....

Wuhan Virus.....:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Can us "essential" workers get a vacation?
    :)

I've seen people on FB post that essential workers should get "hazardous pay".
    Ummm, we are. It's our paycheck when others aren't getting one.

Also, while we have something around a dozen cases of Whuhan here, there have been no deaths.
    But we just had our first (and hopefully only) death from one of the usual causes. Fall from a height.

No sane virus would go to a steel mill, too dangerous.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    INGO SJW’s please take a moment to determine the racist/non-racist bent on each of these new China Flu names:

1. Hong Kong Fluey
    2. Flu Manchu
    3. Ghengis Cough
    4. Sicken Fried Rice
    5. Pu Pu Pandemic

Please advise on which is least rayciss.

I like CCP Coronavirus.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if after things open up there will be a jump in the numbers causing "lock down 2". Followed by a drop in numbers, followed by an opening, followed by a jump in numbers triggering "lock down 3" etc. Where does it end?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The shipping season on the great lakes was just starting in earnest,it now seems to be slowing.

Daily Great Lakes and Seaway Shipping News - BoatNerd.Com

I heard about the blast furnaces shutting down up here in Toledo,Cleveland,and Gary(Indiana). I know some people who work at the iron taconite plant in Silver Bay(used to make steel and iron at blast furnaces). They are worried because even with the label of national security they have seen orders for taconite fall to almost nothing and very soon will probably shut down. They have also already had one covid-19 positive worker.

I know stay at home orders are rough. I understand the economic impacts that will be with us for years. Things will get tougher. It may seem bad now,but this is still early in the crisis we are facing. Very early.

I am going to ask a favor of INGO members. I do not care rather you are on some side of an issue.

I simply ask you to remember to be kind to each other,it does matter and will matter more than anything as we move forward.

Be well,be safe,you are loved.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Not my words but I’d say it pretty much sums up what’s happening in the meat processing/packer world right now

I think the packers have read the stimulus package and have it figured out on how to get the most money out of the system.Slow the kill down and drive the live cattle price down and make a shortage of meat and have meat prices go up. Some one this morning said they were dumping pork bellies in the landfill, probably old frezzer burn meat that they can make more money by selling to the government. When they get ready to run full throttle they can buy the board heavy and make another fortune as live cattle go up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    His argument would carry a lot more weight if any scientists were calling this disease by a geographical name. They aren't. They are calling the disease Covid-19 (or COVID-19; I see both styles regularly), and the virus itself is called SARS-CoV-2.

It would be "way stupider" to call it the Milan Virus because it didn't come from Milan? He uses that line just moments after referencing the Spanish Flu, which originated in Kansas. His fact checkers must be part of the 16 million newly unemployed.

I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)

I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

Who told you that?
    Why INGO’s own SJW, Camping Josh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom