• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    As for the London group, any estimate is based on reasonable guesses based on the (hopefully) best available information when the numbers and factors are analyzed. Given that COVID-19 is a heretofore unseen threat, and that responses are being improved daily based on an ever-evolving situation, it might be a very educated guess, but in the end, merely an estimate.

Experiences in other countries have varied dramatically, depending on the population's response, available healthcare assets, public health measures, etc. We don't really have a solid go-by right now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait until the statewide tornado siren test tomorrow. That should prove entertaining for those who don't know. :popcorn:

Not happening.

"All,

The NWS Indiana offices in conjunction with IDHS have decided to cancel the planned test tornado drill on Wednesday March 18th, 2020. This is due to numerous reasons related to the COVID-19 virus and sheltering actions being taken by the public. We do not want to add an extra layer of anxiety to the ongoing situation. While we feel it is important to test our communications and safety action plans, we feel it more prudent right now to focus on the active societal response to the virus. We apologize for this inconvenience but hope you understand. There are no plans for a makeup date at this time.

Please notify as many partners and people as possible to get the word out about the cancellation.

Thanks!
    Sam Lashley"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Made it at 10:30 last night. Least population density in the lower 48,Lake County Minnesota. I expect to be here for quite some time(other former hoosiers are here to :)

Some things I do,most of which I have been doing.

Wearing an N95 or better during contact with any public place.If someone breathed there a mask helps.
    Using a hepa filter and UV-C lights in all private places.
    Cleaning using Purell surface cleaner(alcohol based and food safe).
    Nothing comes in that has not been sanitized.Not even a can of soup. Someone had to put it on the shelf.

Increased personal security,increased home security measures and general situational awareness.

Things are no different up here. The nearest grocery has reduced hours and now closes at 9pm.
    It has supply issues of course. Paper products are difficult,but not totally unavailable.
    Hand sanitizer and things like it have been gone for weeks.I have what I purchased before the panic set in(should last a few months).
    I previously had picked up things I understood would be scarce. Like a oil filers for vehicles.

Here is an opinion piece on why telling people they did not need masks was dumb. It was by the way.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/opinion/coronavirus-face-masks.html
    Just remember this. By our own CDC and NIH this survives in the air for 3 hours after someone BREATHES in a location(read the actual study though 3 hours later the viral load is reduced by 50% not gone). So if you are in a public place,wear a mask.I have already done this for weeks.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....eE5mg1TKXAfWwVH7E8URzofzKBHYoy2k9LF5wM1ldGW90

Seems they are now tracking who is viewing most papers. I now get things like browser checks trying to read them.
    Can’t read the nyt article without registering but did it say that just by the act of breathing transfer the virus without a cough or a sneeze? Just wanted to clarify that point.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Its already not working. I went to get meds and people are all over. All kinds of businesses are open like the car wash. Really is that essential. I did stop for a wash. Short line.

The Costco was nuts. I put on my mask and went in. The line to check out went to the back of the store then snaked back to the front of the store and it was 2 long lines like that. The lot was full like I've never seen. They did have plenty of tp but no chicken breast so I left and went to another store that was fully stocked with meat and everything else. If u want something dont go to a regular store. Try a specialty store u probably have never been in or would never go. They still have plenty of stock. They may not speak very good english but they take cash and cards.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My sister is a veterinarian. Her receptionist is flooded with folks trying to hoard prescriptions. She has to keep telling them they are well stocked and will fill prescriptions as needed.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    To many posts to go back and find it, but someone asked about confiscation of firearms, here's a relevant law...

https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-16-health/in-code-sect-16-41-9-1-6.html

If a quarantine is imposed under section 1.5 of this chapter, the public health authority shall ensure that, to the extent possible, quarantined individuals have sufficient supplies to remain in their own home.(b) If an out of home, nonhospital quarantine is imposed on an individual, the individual shall be housed as close as possible to the individual's residence.

(c) In exercising the powers described in this section or in section 1.5 of this chapter, the public health authority may not prohibit a person lawfully permitted to possess a firearm from possessing one (1) or more firearms unless the person is quarantined in a mass quarantine location.  The public health authority may not remove a firearm from the person's home, even if the person is quarantined in a mass quarantine location.

(d) This section does not prohibit a public health authority from adopting rules and enforcing rules to implement this section if the rules are not inconsistent with this section.

https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-10-public-safety/in-code-sect-10-14-3-33-5.html

Sec. 33.5 . (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), the state, a political subdivision, or any other person may not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during:(1) a disaster emergency;

(2) an energy emergency;  or

(3) a local disaster emergency;

declared under this chapter.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...llers-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN2142IM

Amazon is restructuring to meet daily needs. This is them doing what the are advised to do. What the government giving the advise thinks things will look like in the future.

• Amazon told sellers and vendors on Tuesday that it was suspending shipments of all nonessential products to its warehouses to deal with the increased workloads following the coronavirus outbreak.
    • Amazon is now prioritizing medical supplies, household staples, and other high-demand products to its warehouses until April 5.
    • The change only affects shipments to Amazon's warehouses, not the last-mile deliveries to consumers.
    • "We are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers," the message read.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Link doesn't seem to work for me.

Interesting. She must've deleted it.

Basically suggested that since Israel has (allegedly) been working on a vaccine for a year, then they must've known this might happen. Then introduced the notion that a Kushner-related company was stood to profit from it or something. (It kinda didn't make sense.) All in the span of a tweet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom