• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Went out to eat for lunch today and didn’t take it home or eat in my car (tipped almost 50% and left a gift of cash to the staff). Nice to dine in, tomorrow I try for a haircut. Most locations were I go we’re two plus hour waits today and I had to work.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quick note: we're about a week out from when people, for practical purposes, stopped abiding by the SIP orders here in Indiana. There's still social distancing in public, for the most part, but I do know that people are relaxing the restrictions in terms of interacting.

So, in a week or so we'll start seeing signs of how good or bad the next phase will go. If the infections/deaths stay on-pace with what we have had the last few weeks, then no worries. FIDO.

If they actually keep reducing, allrighty then, everything's comin' up roses.

If they start to spike, well... that'll be bad.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Have you noticed that very few of the people dying of Covid 19 are reported as Meth users or heroin addicts?

Why would they be? They are Covid casualties, just like pneumonia/flu sufferers, cancer/heart disease patients, and car crash victims.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This is for the medical professionals in here, is there still flu testing happening? The reason I say that is because according to the CDC, flu deaths alone are only 6k so far this season (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm). That seems really low, also in that same link, look at the Pneumonia deaths. That is actually a bit higher then the average (not the Pneumonia plus covid deaths).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bleach and Ammonia....
    Well, that will get rid of the virus. Guaranteed.

....and kill everything else around it.

If they live, at least they'll learn some chemistry. The hard way. :):

Don't laugh, I've already had to have a chat with people I know wanting to use methanol as a direct skin contact hand sanitizer. Uhhh, NO!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Even Brix doesn't believe the CDC numbers. From a Salon article based on WaPo reports.

Want to guess the headline of the article that appeared in?

"As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it's safe to inch back to normal"

COVID doctors challenge CDC's rules on cause of death, concerned about inflated numbers

Doctors are doing their own research in hopes of getting more accurate information

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...searchers-challenge-uns-who-cdc-and-dr-faucis

FWIW...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-b...?app_id=232775914688","app_name":"Facebook"}}

Even Dr Birx doesn’t trust what’s coming out of the CDC.

Welcome back, nice nap? LOL

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The CDC reporting issue has some nuance to it.

Does anyone believe that it is accurate to the exact positive/death? No. That's unrealistic.

After some delay, does it eventually get to a reasonable level of accuracy for purposes of policymaking? Probably. Hopefully. Sure, why not.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went out to eat for lunch today and didn’t take it home or eat in my car (tipped almost 50% and left a gift of cash to the staff). Nice to dine in, tomorrow I try for a haircut. Most locations were I go we’re two plus hour waits today and I had to work.

Got my haircut today, got on the Great Clips app at 10am and got in around 11:30 or so.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll take your word for that headline.

I just had a conversation with a friend who fairly moderate but definitely sees things from a left wing worldview. He said it's time to start things up, but that we should do so cautiously so that we don't overstretch healthcare infrastructure. He thought we could start opening some things back up now, but emphasized that testing needs to be better before we open everything up. And while there are some things open to argument in that position, it's a reasonable position to take. In other words, it's not as bat **** crazy as that headline. My point is that I kinda think most level-headed people are quite capable of seeing through bull**** like that. I think that the fringe people who take that headline seriously are deep inside their own information bubbles and represent a fringe, maybe even a relatively sizeable fringe. I suspect that notwithstanding the voluminous left castrati, the world of sane individuals grows weary of nonsense.

In the quote click on the highlighted word and that is the link to the original story...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Even Brix doesn't believe the CDC numbers. From a Salon article based on WaPo reports.

Want to guess the headline of the article that appeared in?

"As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it's safe to inch back to normal"

COVID doctors challenge CDC's rules on cause of death, concerned about inflated numbers

Doctors are doing their own research in hopes of getting more accurate information
    https://justthenews.com/politics-po...searchers-challenge-uns-who-cdc-and-dr-faucis

FWIW...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-b...?app_id=232775914688","app_name":"Facebook"}}

Even Dr Birx doesn’t trust what’s coming out of the CDC.

The CDC reporting issue has some nuance to it.

Does anyone believe that it is accurate to the exact positive/death? No. That's unrealistic.

After some delay, does it eventually get to a reasonable level of accuracy for purposes of policymaking? Probably. Hopefully. Sure, why not.

CDC is now a politicized organization, particularly on this issue. No trust because of the directives that all seem to point to higher numbers, not increased accuracy...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    CDC is now a politicized organization, particularly on this issue. No trust because of the directives that all seem to point to higher numbers, not increased accuracy...

That's not what the directives point to. ;)

The directives point to physicians to make accurate reports. At the end of the day, if the doc doesn't think COVID contributed to the death, then they shouldn't write it down.

(And the CDC has been a politicized pawn ever since whatever POTUS it was told them to investigate guns as a health issue.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom