• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Yes - this was a nice feature to the new rules. Much more enjoyable and speedy play, while also drinking some good beer. Go out and try it, it felt great to get out in the open for a while.

Since it wasn’t “real” golf with the holes filled, if I grazed the hole I counted it because it would have gone in right?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My response to all the panic going on :tinfoil: in some circles in contrast to those with a more ambivalent attitude :cheers:: nothing new there. :dunno:
    Most people just don't care as long as they have their paycheck for security. :spend:
    After my prayer for the safety, health & economic stability of others is that through all this hardship people are experiencing that they would have a heightened awareness for a need to prepare for eternity & to look to God b/c the future has always been perilous. :stickpoke:
    The gift of life is just that. I do not take it for granted. :thumbsup:
    Now that I don't have the distraction & the busyness of work, I find myself especially counting the days I have left :fogey: & appreciate them even more, if that is possible.
    End of Sunday am sermonette. :oldwise:

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Craziness just continues, sample of the requirements to play golf in Carmel.
    https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-n...uch-flags-use-carts-retrieve-balls-from-cups/

• Golf Shop, Clubhouse and all restrooms must be closed
    • Take out service only with no entry into clubhouse by members
    • Walking only; No riding carts or push carts unless they are privately owned
    • No rakes in bunkers
    • Driving range closed
    • On course restrooms closed
    • No tee markers on golf course
    • No water coolers
    • No flagsticks
    • Staff cannot assist with handling bags/clubs
    • Holes must be filled so players don’t reach into hole for ball

I'm going to play. It will be the only time I can get 18 hole in ones.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    So... basically you're just hitting a ball around in a big open area with no designated places to hit from or to hit to. :):

Hey I have a big open area of grass but be aware of some different hazards. The bull might bring you your ball back if you hit him, ok he might not have the ball but he is definitely coming to see you, also, that’s not mud. On the plus side the restroom is always open, you can rake all you want, water is available and I’d be like half the price...you know what an electric fence is?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Hey I have a big open area of grass but be aware of some different hazards. The bull might bring you your ball back if you hit him, ok he might not have the ball but he is definitely coming to see you, also, that’s not mud. On the plus side the restroom is always open, you can rake all you want, water is available and I’d be like half the price...you know what an electric fence is?

It helps you pee if you cross the streams.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bartender at the golf club lounge: Hey Charlie. You're back early. Getting a drink for the back 9?

Charlie: *with a raspy voice*. No. I'm done for the day.

B: What's happened to your voice Charlie?

C: You know that dogleg left on No. 7?

B: Yeah

C: Well, I sliced the crap outta my drive and it went over into the cow pasture.
    And it was one of the few balata covered Titelists I had left, so I went over looking for it.

I musta been out there awhile, cuz this lady is out there pokin' in the dirt. I figured she lost a ball too.

So, I kept lookin.....and I see this cow.....with a white spot under it's tail.

And I say "nah, couldn't be..."

So I wander over to the cow and lift it's tail up. And sure as I'm standing here, it's a golf ball stuck in the cow's rectum.

So, I look real close to see if it's my Titleist...and nope. It's a Prostaff.

So, I lift the cow's tail up and I sez to the lady: "Hey lady! This look like yours?"

And she hit me in the throat with her 3-iron.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The number of deaths in a country is not statistically what I've been looking for.
    The number of deaths per capita is what puts it into perspective independent of testing parameters a country might have & other political considerations.
    I know that numbers can be deceptive since deaths that would have happened b/c of existing health issues are all being contributed to CV, but that is the political nature of things.

Quick summary:
    The US has about 200 deaths per 1M capita.
    Italy has about 475 deaths per 1M capita.
    United Kingdom has about 415 deaths per 1M capita.

In the link below, open it up & scroll down to the bottom left corner of one of the 2 countries arbitrarily listed, where it says, "Change country," & put in whatever one you want.
    Put your cursor along one on the "dots" on the graph (go to the right to get most recent) and it will pop up a list of the number of deaths per 1M.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavi...AU7UZWO2Mu5li2SQbQIrI2kllK8mZ_xDslKTt0A9VKTXI

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavi...AU7UZWO2Mu5li2SQbQIrI2kllK8mZ_xDslKTt0A9VKTXI

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I may be in the minority, so I am curious to hear from others who personally know someone who has either been confirmed to have COVID or worse, has died from it. I have seen a few posts from people here mentioning how their family or circle of friends has been affected, but it has not touched my social circle.

I do not know of a single person within my first degree circle of friends or family who has either been confirmed to have had it. My 88 year-old grandmother lost a friend, but I didn't personally know her. I had a co-worker whose friend tested positive, but again not someone I knew.

Am I an extreme outlier, or are there others that can't point to a single case within their personal social circle?

We had a confirmed case at my client site yesterday. Had to go through the contact tracing rigmarole. Only one person on my team had any contact.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    I may be in the minority, so I am curious to hear from others who personally know someone who has either been confirmed to have COVID or worse, has died from it.
    I have seen a few posts from people here mentioning how their family or circle of friends has been affected, but it has not touched my social circle.
    I do not know of a single person within my first degree circle of friends or family who has either been confirmed to have had it.
    My 88 year-old grandmother lost a friend, but I didn't personally know her. I had a co-worker whose friend tested positive, but again not someone I knew.
    Am I an extreme outlier, or are there others that can't point to a single case within their personal social circle?
    End Quote

Not family, but close personal friends that my wife & I spent time with every Monday night in a small Bible study.
    The husband came down with it with a "normal" tough time for about 7-10 days.
    He was at home the entire time.
    He has gone back to work.
    The wife didn't seem to be affected much, but just a "light" case w/o bad symptoms.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The racism claim from the left is that the protestors are only able to carry guns into the statehouse because of their "white privilege." They say that if the armed protestors we're "people of color" the police would shoot them.

So should that not mean that the police, doing the shooting, are the racist cause they do not shoot the "white" protestors but would have shot the non-existent "color" protestors.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So should that not mean that the police, doing the shooting, are the racist cause they do not shoot the "white" protestors but would have shot the non-existent "color" protestors.

No, not according o the left. You see, a white person doing something a person of color would be penalized for doing is exercising his/her white privilege, which is a racist act.
    The short answer is: "All white people who are not of a leftist political persuasion are racist."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom