Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This “wave” has been more personal than the spring or this summer. I personally know a handful of people in the hospital due to corona, and a lot more that have/had it recently but didn’t need medical help. I know of three hospitals in the region that are having trouble with the volume of patients, and I’m guessing they all are strained.

I know we don’t like restrictions but what do you do?

apparently, you give them a strict "talking to" because that's pretty much what just happened

There was an implication of enforcement on businesses who aren't following the mask mandates

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Florida has be open a while and seems to doing alright.
    [FONT=&quot]Hospitalizations:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today, data reported to the Agency for Health Care Administration shows that the number of COVID-19 positive patients that are currently hospitalized is down more than 70 percent since July. As posted on the Agency for Health Care Administration’s hospitalization dashboard at 1 p.m., there are 2,485 current hospitalizations with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Today, data reported to DOH shows there has been a steady decline in the number of reported Florida resident deaths who were previously diagnosed with COVID-19. The second week of August compared to the second week of September, shows a 74 percent decrease in the average number of reported COVID-19 related deaths.[/FONT]

Florida Department of Health Issues Daily Update on COVID-19 [nov.04,2020] | Florida Department of Health

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you don't restrict the spread - it will spread more and faster. It is the faster spread that is difficult for the medical facilities to handle.
    It is possible to restrict the faster spread of the virus without shutting down everything.

I agree.

...and this is what Indiana is trying to do.

apparently, you give them a strict "talking to" because that's pretty much what just happened
    There was an implication of enforcement on businesses who aren't following the mask mandates

I don't know what goes on in offices (other than my own) and factories and such, but every store I go to seems to be requiring masks and wiping things down (uncertain if that matters) more than they were a month ago.

At our office, masks are required outside of one's own work area (cube or office) and when someone tests positive, all those in "close" contact (within 6 feet for over 10 minutes) is quarantined for at least 10 days and after that, if they test negative, they can come back. The person who is positive is, obviously, quarantined for the duration of the illness.

Our church called off all activities for 2+ weeks (Nov. 1 and 8) after several members and the pastor got it. We will have 1 socially distanced service this Sunday, no other in-person activities.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom