• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Could it be that in urban areas the CV has already killed the majority that it was going to kill thus no more spikes in death as the rest that get it can fight it off.

While in rural areas, ie less dense, it is barely beginning its cycle of killing the weak that it was bound to kill but we have just prolonged.

Unless you get off planet CV is going to get you at some point.

No. based on not only cases but also Indiana's serologic surveys, no area is anywhere near herd immunity

Vaccination is starting to look promising. If the Pfizer vaccine is effective, there is a good chance at least one of the others are also. So all we may have to do is avoid exposure for a few more months.

And even if the vaccines don't pan out, this is NOT the time to be going to the hospital for Covid. Fatality rates and comorbidities will go up. They can't provide proper care when they are overworked.

Jedi did not mention nor imply herd immunity in my reading of it. He made a logical point that the weak in more rurally areas may just now be getting CV. Our actions have prolonged this, presumably for preservation of healthcare resources, but prolonged nonetheless...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. based on not only cases but also Indiana's serologic surveys, no area is anywhere near herd immunity

Vaccination is starting to look promising. If the Pfizer vaccine is effective, there is a good chance at least one of the others are also. So all we may have to do is avoid exposure for a few more months.

And even if the vaccines don't pan out, this is NOT the time to be going to the hospital for Covid. Fatality rates and comorbidities will go up. They can't provide proper care when they are overworked.
    I would’ve rather you said SAFE and effective. I’m not all that fond of the fast-tracking going on.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I would’ve rather you said SAFE and effective. I’m not all that fond of the fast-tracking going on.

I would say the trials are at a "so far so good from what little we know" stage.

I don't like to be an early adapter of medications or vaccines. It will be given to some high-priority grottos or high risk people before most of us get it months later anyway.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Kentucky Dem Governor Andy Beshear gave this warning today. What an ass! :xmad:

"Those that you may think you may only have 5-10 Thanksgivings left with, if we're not careful this year, you might not have more than one," Beshear said.

You are never guaranteed the next day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We've already been taking it... by shutting down, isolating, etc.. I'm not even talking about the vaccine. I'm talking about all the "feel good" cures that have been pushed our way to date.

I agree completely, especially after landing in the ER as a result of the feel good horse crap. The dietary problems from the feel good "cures" led to pains that really scare good heart patients but after thorough testing turned out to have been caused by a digestive issue from having my eating habits disrupted.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Listening to the presser while doing office work: judging from Holcomb's tone, there are some changes coming.

And things are getting bad at the hospitals. Tests are delayed again due to supply limitations. So we shouldn't really be surprised, whether we like it or not.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I agree completely, especially after landing in the ER as a result of the feel good horse crap. The dietary problems from the feel good "cures" led to pains that really scare good heart patients but after thorough testing turned out to have been caused by a digestive issue from having my eating habits disrupted.

Can you tell us more about what may have caused your dietary problems and your symptoms. I've been downing the vitamins with no ill effects as of yet.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Holcomb exec ordering new restrictions. https://fox59.com/news/gov-holcomb-state-officials-to-deliver-weekly-coronavirus-briefing/

[h=3]Restrictions for orange counties:[/h]
    • Social events limited to 50 people
    • Special events of more than 50 people will need approval from the local health department.
    • Attendance at winter indoor K-12 extracurricular and co-curricular events is limited to 25% capacity
    • Capacity in common areas and break rooms should be reduced and users should be socially distanced
    • Community recreational sports leagues and tournaments may continue with attendance limited to participants, required personnel and parents/guardians only.
    [h=3]Restrictions for red counties:[/h]
    • Social gatherings limited to 25 people
    • Special, seasonal or commercial events planned for more than 25 people need approval from the local health department. Events are not advised to be held. College and professional sports are included.
    • Attendance at winter indoor K-12 extracurricular activities, including IHSAA sports, is limited to participants, support personnel and parents/guardians.
    • Local officials may consider limiting hours for the operation of bars, nightclubs and restaurants.
    • Community recreational sports leagues and tournaments may continue with participants, required personnel and parents/guardians only.
    Face coverings will continue to be required statewide.
    Holcomb said churches and religious gatherings will remain exempt from restrictions.

Last edited:

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    This “wave” has been more personal than the spring or this summer. I personally know a handful of people in the hospital due to corona, and a lot more that have/had it recently but didn’t need medical help. I know of three hospitals in the region that are having trouble with the volume of patients, and I’m guessing they all are strained.

I know we don’t like restrictions but what do you do?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Holcomb said churches and religious gatherings will remain exempt from restrictions.

I guess I still have to go to music practice tonight. (I'd rather go home and make mapo tofu.)

This “wave” has been more personal than the spring or this summer. I personally know a handful of people in the hospital due to corona, and a lot more that have/had it recently but didn’t need medical help. I know of three hospitals in the region that are having trouble with the volume of patients, and I’m guessing they all are strained.
    Yeah, ditto, a know a few that died, a few that are really suffering, and some that had a mild fever for a few days.

I know we don’t like restrictions but what do you do?
    WeightyInnocentFly-size_restricted.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you don't restrict the spread - it will spread more and faster. It is the faster spread that is difficult for the medical facilities to handle.
    It is possible to restrict the faster spread of the virus without shutting down everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom