Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    CDC-chart-1536x773.jpg

This chart of CDC data looks like it is over to me...

Can't wait to hear from the glass half empty crowd...

And the canary in the mineshaft is still living... let us hope the glass is indeed half full.

Sweden 0831.png

On this one you'll get no argument from me, Mike... just the hope that you are correct and it is permanent, not ephemeral.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Try to wrap your head around the mindset of someone who wants to be the swamp.
    They would have to think they are oh so right to lie, kill, steal and destroy as is their wont.
    As far as this virus being foisted upon the world, I'll just think of those people, the swamp creatures, as filthy buggers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Never trust the CDC they are the swamp!

Except for when they say things you like.

...but anyhoo, again, the death rate dropping precipitously is great news and as we can see, has been going on since late July/early August, so not really a new thing.

That chart, like the new infection chart, seems to trace lockdown, re-opening and new interventions to a large extent, but let's not go there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Except for when they say things you like.

...but anyhoo, again, the death rate dropping precipitously is great news and as we can see, has been going on since late July/early August, so not really a new thing.

That chart, like the new infection chart, seems to trace lockdown, re-opening and new interventions to a large extent, but let's not go there.

I do not trust them anytime, including when I post their data. It is just a discussion point to me. They are a politicized agency first evidenced by their zeal to turn gun ownership into a disease...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I do not trust them anytime, including when I post their data. It is just a discussion point to me. They are a politicized agency first evidenced by their zeal to turn gun ownership into a disease...

I think it's prudent to be skeptical of any government agency.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the bride says a FB post is all fraught with angst because covid case counts are rising. I say so what, that is to be expected in a pandemic, we are just getting closer to herd immunity with every "case". We have been so blessed and lucky this virus can be spread around without the majority ever even knowing they have had it. It is a terrible thing that has been unleashed on humans but I am thankful we are able to survive this as easily as we have. There could be a virus that kills hundreds of millions. My glass is half full and rising...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This was an interesting quote and does dovetail with my understanding of the virus.

The words of a Swedish medical doctor, Sebastian Rushworth:

"Covid is over in Sweden. People have gone back to their normal lives and barely anyone is getting infected any more. I am willing to bet that the countries that have shut down completely will see rates spike when they open up. If that is the case, then there won't have been any point in shutting down in the first place ... Shutting down completely in order to decrease the total number of deaths only makes sense if you are willing to stay shut down until a vaccine is available. That could take years. No country is willing to wait that long."

I have long believed that once we got beyond the "flattening the curve" to not overwhelm medical infrastructure, anything further was just prolonging the inevitable. It is a respiratory disease that there was never any way that rudimentary masks were going to contain, out of a laboratory setting, in the real world.

It is past time to open up everything...

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Just here to represent the younger crowd (or just me)- while I initially thought shutting down was the right move, the abuses by politicians were far beyond what I ever would have expected. Likely my shorter life experience, but things like California banning singing at church? Way out of left field, pardon the pun.

Beyond time to open up. This is ridiculous. It took less than 2 months for all my buddies at fire departments and hospitals to say "No thanks on donations we got everything we'll need for a good while" when I made offers (in part thanks to connections here on INGO!)

We recently moved to Mississippi and I'm in college- no massive spikes yet despite in person classes all around.

On the plus side- the politicians pushed so hard, they pushed me right out of their corner. Plenty more like me, too!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Another vaccine candidate enters the final stage of testing. However the most interesting part to me is the first semi-official discussion of vaccine priority.

So many threads I could have put this in...especially with the quoted part below.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/a...vaccine-reaches-major-hurdle-final-us-testing

The panel of experts described “a moral imperative” to lessen the heavy disease burden of COVID-19 on Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans and Alaska Natives, and suggested state and local authorities could target vulnerable neighborhoods using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Another vaccine candidate enters the final stage of testing. However the most interesting part to me is the first semi-official discussion of vaccine priority.

So many threads I could have put this in...especially with the quoted part below.

The panel of experts described “a moral imperative” to lessen the heavy disease burden of COVID-19 on Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans and Alaska Natives, and suggested state and local authorities could target vulnerable neighborhoods using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/a...vaccine-reaches-major-hurdle-final-us-testing

Yes, and any problems with the vaccine, then the narrative becomes PoC used as guinea pigs for bad or ineffective vaccine, unfortunately.

Don't prioritize them, and we're letting them die, nay, "literally" killing them.

Definitional lose-lose due to the polarity in the country.

Very sad the state of things.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, and any problems with the vaccine, then the narrative becomes PoC used as guinea pigs for bad or ineffective vaccine, unfortunately.

Don't prioritize them, and we're letting them die, nay, "literally" killing them.

Definitional lose-lose due to the polarity in the country.

Very sad the state of things.

I guarantee that there are already conspiracy theories in the style of "CIA invented AIDS" floating around in some communities.

Heck, whitey sees Bill Gates under every rock, so why shouldn't there be?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Since CDC announced that less than 10,000 Americans have died of covid 19. How does that change our perspective, and when do we go back to work , and school full time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom