• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's one of my former duty pistols so it'll get passed down to one of my children down the road. This allows me to run a red dot but I can go back to stock at any time. Works for me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Phylodog, I will loan you my RMR'd 19, and let you side by side them to see what you think the 6 second mount vs. a milled slide has to offer. Other than the cost of milling. My theory is, a milled slide equipped with an RMR, allows you the ability to not change your manipulations, therefore, adding to the "hit" probability? An added bonus, a properly milled slide allows the use of a BUIS, for lack of a better pistol-centric term.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Put this finishing touch on this morning even though I didn't get around to cleaning up the filing marks.

CF3902D2-7937-436E-9763-50DAF8F8838A_zpsudbexruq.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylodog, I will loan you my RMR'd 19, and let you side by side them to see what you think the 6 second mount vs. a milled slide has to offer. Other than the cost of milling. My theory is, a milled slide equipped with an RMR, allows you the ability to not change your manipulations, therefore, adding to the "hit" probability? An added bonus, a properly milled slide allows the use of a BUIS, for lack of a better pistol-centric term.

I've had an RMR milled into the slide of a Glock so I'm familiar with it. I appreciate your offer but one of my guys at work has one so we can do a side by side here. I sold it a few years back.

IMG_1683.jpg

I think there are advantages to both approaches but the milled probably has more of them. The biggest advantage to the 6 Second Mount is in protecting the optic from being battered under recoil, that is reportedly the reason it was developed. The milled is more practically sized as a package, keeps the optic closer to the bore line, allows for cowitness and only requires a relatively slight holster modification for EDC. This thing is a behemoth of a package which will never see anything other than a nightstand. It's more likely I'll shoot it, have some fun, get bored with it and sell the components off in time. I seem to find new and shiny things pretty regularly that need funding.

Top Bottom