• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks like a bunch of squirrel eaters here. How do you cook 'em?

I mostly do crock pot squirrel and noodles. I love it fried, but always a roll of the dice on tenderness.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

I mostly do crock pot squirrel and noodles. I love it fried, but always a roll of the dice on tenderness.

When I hunted them a LOT, I nearly always fried them. Occasionally I would steam them in a skillet on the stove top.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    How many squirrels do you regular hunters get into the freezer every year, on average?
    I've probably averaged 100-110 per season for the last 49 years.Was getting kind of burnt out hunting with .22's,so 2 seasons ago bought a .25 PCP air rifle(Marauder).I have probably 15-20 good squirrel rifles,but this is by far the most fun I've ever used-quiet scary accurate and much safer than a . 22 rf.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Pressure cooker. 15 minutes at 10lbs of pressure will tenderize almost any squirrel. Then drop them into some sweet baby Ray's bbq sauce for about a 20 minute simmer.

Most labor intensive way I ever fixed them was to bone them out, raw, then run them through the kitchen aid grinder. Add some Italian sausage and make meatballs. Very tasty and no bones to deal with..

No warning for the unsuspecting until after dinner.:rockwoot:

Motomechanic45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Plainfield
    I'm excited to go again this year only made it out twice last year as the guy teaching me had some family issues and couldn't go a lot last year but has promised to go out at least once a weekend.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm excited to go again this year only made it out twice last year as the guy teaching me had some family issues and couldn't go a lot last year but has promised to go out at least once a weekend.

That`s a good friend, one who tutors you in the woods. Pay attention to all the small details, and it will not only put squirrels in the game bag, but learning woodsmanship will help you take white-tail deer too.

Top Bottom