• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I watched a video he supposedly released two weeks ago. first off, it was typical new country, second, I get that it was just a song, but it kinda gave me the impression the dude had some issues, he was holding a revolver to his chin in the video.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Horrific. Le's stop treating guns as toys you know because they are loaded, always.

How about we just start handling guns safely instead? Then we won’t have to pretend they’re loaded all the time. Eliminate “I didn’t think it was loaded” as an excuse by shifting the focus to keeping firearms pointed in a safe direction. ALWAYS.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about we just start handling guns safely instead? Then we won’t have to pretend they’re loaded all the time. Eliminate “I didn’t think it was loaded” as an excuse by shifting the focus to keeping firearms pointed in a safe direction. ALWAYS.

You better treat them as loaded or you will handle them with contempt and people will shoot themselves in the head because they have such low regard for unloaded guns.

First rule is first for a reason.

"I am handling the gun safely, it is unloaded" get people shot, in the head, a lot, just read INGO.

zz47331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Connersville
    We had a Dummy down here in Wal-Mart a few years back shot his wife scratching the palm of his hand with the hammer. Explain that “Accident “

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You better treat them as loaded or you will handle them with contempt and people will shoot themselves in the head because they have such low regard for unloaded guns.

First rule is first for a reason.

"I am handling the gun safely, it is unloaded" get people shot, in the head, a lot, just read INGO.

Only the ignorant hold in low regard and handle "unloaded" guns with "contempt". A firearm has only one job: to launch a projectile from the barrel. "Treat" (a.k.a. "handle") ALL guns keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction ALWAYS and nobody gets shot.

TEACH better, LEARN better. How about "I am handling the gun safely, because it is a gun"?

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yup. I doubt that one could go to any gun show without being muzzle-swept a dozen times. But, of course, we know all those guns are unloaded.

Should we draw down on them and say "Your move"? Legend has it Clint Smith or Col. Cooper did. I'll try to find a citation.

Just don't do it! It doesn't matter if it's loaded, unloaded, or what you think it is. It's a firearm until you render it inoperative (i.e. disassemble it). Maintain muzzle and trigger awareness ALWAYS.

And remember, the SAFEST direction may be pointed at a bad guy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom